antTON
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
antTON polycounter lvl 7
UPDATE.

here's the final promo!

antTON_demoPromo.jpg

Hi there.
Since Demo is my fav i'm gonna design a bunch of some new stuff for him and only him!

Demo_over.jpg

1) Lady MC Death, the primary weapon replacement, works the same way as the original weapon does, the only difference is that it deals 50% more damage to the airborne targets if you can hit them of course... and it also has only one projectile loaded, just like pyro's flaregun and may be the projectiles it shoots shouldn't bounce since they are really heavy, i donno...
2) Nessy Bombster, this thing is kinda sticky you cannot shoot. It needs to be placed with bare hands but it absolutely invisible to the enemy and detonates as soon as some naive foe crosses the targeting beam. Only one piece per customer!
3) The Scottish Thump, close combat weapon it is just a piece of lead pipe. Or may be it is a mug of good ale n this case it should be called Mom's Thankard.
4) And the HAT! This is a pilot leather helmet with protective goggle which has only one eyepiece. the second one isn't required. The Cyclop's Hatt is the name for it.

PS I'm not a modeler actually.... but who cares, right? ))))

Replies

• antTON
    Offline / Send Message
    antTON polycounter lvl 7
    a little update.

LadyMCDeath_3DBase.jpg
  • Baby Stomper
    I love the new grenade launcher model, however, the function sounds kind of like the rocket launcher with an arc.
  • Galago
    That looks interesting.
  • nex
    antTON wrote: »
    Hi there.
    Since Demo is my fav i'm gonna design a bunch of some new stuff for him and only him!

Demo_over.jpg

1) Lady MC Death, the primary weapon replacement, works the same way as the original weapon does, the only difference is that it deals 50% more damage to the airborne targets if you can hit them of course... and it also has only one projectile loaded, just like pyro's flaregun and may be the projectiles it shoots shouldn't bounce since they are really heavy, i donno...
    2) Nessy Bombster, this thing is kinda sticky you cannot shoot. It needs to be placed with bare hands but it absolutely invisible to the enemy and detonates as soon as some naive foe crosses the targeting beam. Only one piece per customer!
    3) The Scottish Thump, close combat weapon it is just a piece of lead pipe. Or may be it is a mug of good ale n this case it should be called Mom's Thankard.
    4) And the HAT! This is a pilot leather helmet with protective goggle which has only one eyepiece. the second one isn't required. The Cyclop's Hatt is the name for it.

PS I'm not a modeler actually.... but who cares, right? ))))
    omg, best concept evaaaar...

kilt is A MUST!

do this please...
  • Simski
    I'm loving the concept, especially for the kilt and the grenade launcher who to me bears striking resemblance from the one in left 4 dead 2 :poly124:

However it might build too much on "function" for Valve to accept some of it.
  • antTON
    Offline / Send Message
    antTON polycounter lvl 7
    thanks fellas)
    yeah, i see the imperfection of the Lady MC Death design, but i need this gun so much.... all those nimble jumping little boys hoping around like a stupid moths they just make me crazy!!!
    Yeah... why not? i think i'll try to model a kilt as well. I have no idea is it possible to implement such kind of stuff into a game but it looks so good)))
  • REKLAS
    I love the leather pilot helmet.

Interesting concepts but I'm pretty sure entirely new outfit pieces isn't gonna fly with Valve.
  • Ikimono
    Rocket Launcher with a demoman's arc. OH HELL NAW!

Pilot's hat with the eye "Xed" off makes it a lot different from the 90 others being submitted lol.
  • EvilShadow777
    Sorry if I'm being stupid at all here, but your first post confuses me. I see multiple ideas all over the place and I'm not exactly sure what's what.
  • Simski
    The secondary sounds like a real pain in the ass, sorry :O

Valve is not going to accept a weapon that can't be be seen and therefor not avoided.
    Firstly it doesn't fit the demoman to have cloaking technology, secondly people would be majorly pissed off to be killed off by something they couldn't have possibly avoided.

It would only work if it was visible, or if it emitted some loud noise to warn of it's pressense.

It wouldn't harm it much to be visible, it would only mean that you would have to hide it behind corners and stuff like that. Areas people often run past without thinking.
  • Ikimono
    Simski wrote: »
    Firstly it doesn't fit the demoman to have cloaking technology, secondly people would be majorly pissed off to be killed off by something they couldn't have possibly avoided.
    And it's not like sticky traps aren't incredibly cheap already.
  • Khthon
    You have to get a cohesive theme going man. Also, not sure how the lead pipe fits in.
  • Mico27
    Ikimono wrote: »
    And it's not like sticky traps aren't incredibly cheap already.
    The main reason is that cloaking should be only spy exclusive.
  • antTON
    Offline / Send Message
    antTON polycounter lvl 7
    Oh, cmon guys, it's not a game design contest it's all about art! game mechanics and such stuff isn't thing i'm really good in, so please be lenient! )))
    here a little update btw. since you are worry about the game mechanics so much there will be no explanations ;) for now ....
    LadyMCDeath.jpg
    StickiedSticky.jpg
    Nessy.jpg
    MrBombster.jpg
  • Khthon
  • KamikazeBeaver
    All this looks very nice, and the kilt is a must. If valve never adds it i will be really pissed off!
    Kilt is a proffesional tbagging tool after all.
  • Simski
    What's your current theme by the way :O?

Perhaps I should have asked earlier...
    The rules state that the 3 items must have a cohesive theme related to the character.
  • Hotdogbunker
    This is looking really nice!
  • n88tr
    The launcher looks like a super m79. I like all the bolts and straps on it, it looks scrappy but still workable. The mace is cool too but I don't know if the highlanders ever used them...
  • Karkasmolenklok
    n88tr wrote: »
    The launcher looks like a super m79. I like all the bolts and straps on it, it looks scrappy but still workable. The mace is cool too but I don't know if the highlanders ever used them...
    I would find it highly doubtful that they didn't. Frankly, there's very few cultures that didn't come up with "big heavy bludgeoning weapon with spikes"
  • Swizzle
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    Damn. I've gotta step up my game.
  • Norron
    Offline / Send Message
    Norron polycounter lvl 13
    Swizzle wrote: »
    Damn. I've gotta step up my game.

You and me both. Nice models!
  • antTON
    Offline / Send Message
    antTON polycounter lvl 7
    thanks for the feedback guys!
    so here's the stuff i have uploaded to the contribute site.

The original idea of the set i made is "good old days". sorry i can't think up an impressive slogan due to poorness of my english )))
    So the stuff you may see here was made by Demo himself long time ago, before the Mann Co. have sign a contract with him and so he has no othe choice but to make his tools be bare hands.

1. Primary weapon. Lady MC Death.
    Not much to say here - it's slow it's heave and deals a LOT of damage. explosive damage of course.
    LadyMCDeath-1.png

2. Secondary weapon. Mr. Bombster or the tumblebomb (like the tumbleweed :poly121:)
    This little guys are the best friend of every hunter for the loch ness monster. It has a two-position switch. Switching it to the first position makes mr. Bombster explode after 5 seconds so be careful - don't hold it for to long or you risk with your own health. In the second position Demo puts the mr. Bombster into alarmed state so the owner may explode it whenever he wants it.
    MrBombster-1.png

3. Melee weapon. Stickied Sticky.
    It's just a sticky from the Mann Co. the one that doesn't worked well and didn't explode so the Demo put it on a handle and use as a spiked club or a morgen-stern if you like ))) by the way... there's ABSOLUTELY no guarantee that this thing wouldn't explode in the future.
    StickiedSticky-1.png

and a little bonus, i really wanted to finish it but have failed. may be i'll try to do it later once again )))
    as you may see it's a kilt. It gives a small movement speed bonus but causes more damage from sticky jumps...
    Kilt.png
  • Psyke
    well you've created an item that creates a new function instead of replacing one :\
  • Sparkwire
    Offline / Send Message
    Sparkwire polycounter lvl 9
    sorry to be such a pimp but i would love to be able to animate that hugeass grenade launcher.
  • Bullet
    KILT!
    MUST BE CONTRIBUTED.
  • Khthon
    Please finish and contribute the Kilt, you put a lot of work into that.
  • antTON
    Offline / Send Message
    antTON polycounter lvl 7
    Sparkwire, if you wish i can send it to you so you may play with it )
    Bullet, Khthon , yeah i'll try) i love this thing alot )))
    By the way guys, does anybody have an idea how i should contribute it? i mean should i send an entire model or just a replacement for the legs?
  • a gentlman
    Whoah, wonder why I haven't noticed this pack before, it's really great :)
  • nex
    antTON wrote: »
    Sparkwire, if you wish i can send it to you so you may play with it )
    Bullet, Khthon , yeah i'll try) i love this thing alot )))
    By the way guys, does anybody have an idea how i should contribute it? i mean should i send an entire model or just a replacement for the legs?
    CMON, help this guy...we want kilt ingame naow :poly127:
  • Simski
    I want your kilt, badly :O

If your pack doesn't get picked, be sure to send it to the contribution page anyway :)
  • Sharc
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharc polycounter lvl 7
    Kilt would make an awesome costume item like the stylish spy pack.
  • J-Factor
    Did you end up submitting this?

We need that kilt.
  • antTON
    Offline / Send Message
    antTON polycounter lvl 7
    hey guys! thanks for watching =)
    since you asked - yeah i have submitted the kilt, beyond the contest but i did it. so there's nothing i can do more only to sit down and wait for the result! )))
    i have updated the first post in my thread with the "promo" the same way as many of our comrades did already.
  • Mr.Tomato
    Отличный апдейт, комрад!
    Good one, comrade!
  • martijndebakker
    What if the Lady MCdeath would use the Mr.Bombster as ammo? They look really well together, both shape and design.

Also, game mechanics: The Lady Mc.Death has less arc, deals about 20% more damage, but can't have a full clip. In order to use it you'd have to reload it like you would normally, but as soon as you put the bomb in the barel it starts the 5 second timer so you have to fire it in order not to be blown up. If you don't fire, you'll die, if you put your loaded weapon away, you die, if you decide not to load it at all, you obviously die since you'r still on the battlefield.
    The Stickied Sticky could be a reskin of the ullapool caber. (And could be named the stickied stick?)
    I think this would go really well with the whole high risk, high reward theme of this loadout.
    Really nice work mate, cheers!