Home Contests & Challenges Archives

TF2 - Polypack - randomteddybear

The following are the final models in hlmv.

The Zinger

This is the First-person view. As you maybe be able to tell, some parts of the model are in the wrong place. I would have reanimated the medic_arms to work with it but unfortunately there is no 100% sure way to decompile a tf2 mdl's animation.

6.jpg?t=1277770061

and here is the third-person view (kudos if you get the reference)

3-2.jpg?t=1277770053

The

I included a list of names in the readme that was submitted. Here is the first-person.

5-1.jpg?t=1277770057

Third-person:

2-2.jpg?t=1277770052

And finally

The

also a list of names in the readme for this one as well.
First-person:

4-1.jpg?t=1277770059

Third-person:

1-2.jpg?t=1277770051

The animations for this thing are blend animations, in the source engine these are controlled by code. The tri-cannon has three; one is a spinning animation(similar to the wheels for the hl2 buggy), One grasping animation(this one is done like the hl2 buggy's suspension animations), and a syringe animation(exactly like the ubersaw's)

Syringe animations
7.jpg?t=1277770058
8.jpg?t=1277770059

Grasping animations:
9.jpg?t=1277770060
10.jpg?t=1277770065

I think I'm going to take a break now and go play tes4

Oringinal post starts here
I'm new here and plan on working on medic weapons. If there is a theme I'm using for this it would probably be "things you wouldn't want to be impaled with". sorry for my lack of concept art, I prefer to draw it on paper and I don't have a scanner. Well lets get started!
--- Syringegun replacement ---
I don't have a name for it yet but i have a well defined concept. this thing incorporates design elements from WWII weaponry and old sewing machine parts. I want it to have that "heavily customized" feel to the weapon that all Teamfortress 2 weapons seem to have.

early renders:
01wire.jpg
3.jpg
still in the early stages, I'm thinking of redoing that rail at the front of the gun or scraping it entirely.
--- Medigun replacement ---
As right now I'm calling this thing "The Tri-cannon". The best way I can describe this thing is a mean looking contraption made out of surgical tubing and syringes. I haven't started modeling it yet.
--- Bonesaw replacement ---
still working on this one, surprisingly its been the hardest concept to come up with so far.

Replies