Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Aaron Forney, Character Artist

Hey guys and gals of Polycount, back again with a new portfolio and a new website. Since the last time I posted my portfolio a lot has changed, I decided to focus on character modeling and have since dedicated my time to being one. Every thing is open for critique and i will take everyone's feedback seriously.

As far as the design and coding of the site that was done by some good friends of mine over at Creative-le Studios Dan le and Fred Still.

So here it is http://aaronforney.com/

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Hey Aaron, what did you use to light the characters? Everything seems to be lit with base grey ambient colors to me.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Wow man! You have really come a long way in a short time. Great job!

The main issue is that your images are not high res enough atm. I can't get a really good look right now. So, my only suggestion is to add a link to every one of those images you have where you can get a very high res version when you click on them.

Also, I suggest you axe a few of the sculpts at the bottom. The native american and the female character are the main ones bringing you down. Love the site design though.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Just another quick crit on the art. The police cheif has some weird folds going on the arms, and his hands seem too big. Might be difficult to change the folds, but the hands should be a simple fix.
  • AaronF3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82- Thanks for the compliments and as usual thanks for the solid critique, I will work on the police chief, and axe those two sculpts you mention.

The guys did a great job listening to what I wanted with the layout and did a great job with the website. I was very pleased with how it came out!

Pilang- Every thing is lit with a three point lighting system (really basic)
  • AaronF3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update: Removed some work that BradMyers82 recommended.

Question for the board, would you guys like to see more turntables on the website yay or nay?

Critique or comment always appreciated.

http://aaronforney.com/
  • Moosey_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good! I would only do turntables if you're ready to put in the effort for ace lighting.