Home Technical Talk

Laptop rec?

Hey guys

hope this is the right forum...

i want to get a laptop...on a budget of about $1050US, will be using 3DS max, photoshop, udk and things like that. its suppose to be a way for me to work on the go, like when i get time at work or when waiting for classes at school.

Basically i'm starting my own business and getting a day job to fuel my endeavors. I know ill be short for time so the laptop would allow me to take all the little pieces of time where i'm on break, between classes or away from my main pc at home.

Aiming for a something gear towards gaming (but for about $1050) as i'll be using the udk,3ds max and maybe some other apps like that. well and photoshop (i do graphic and web design also)

oh and i never had a laptop...ever..so im really unsure about what to go with.

-17"? someone told me around 15" is the sweat spot if ill be carrying it around a lot.

- ASUS N61Jv-X2: Optimus GT325M they also recommend this, i really liked it (and the concept of optimus technology) but some of the customer reviews(at the link and some on amazon) about the lcd/1366x768 display(is it too low?)

- any recommendations if it not too much trouble?:)
oh and has to be an nvidia card ">_>

*edit*...oh yeah...the lappy is for mostly mobile editing of whatever im doing...will have a pc for heavy rendering/compiling were 3d stuff is concerned

Replies