Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ACS Ranger

Decided i take this one step further from my old thread at http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?t=71935&highlight=acs+helmet
and make a full character.

This time around im working closer with the conceptor and designer, Shimmering Sword.
Hes constantly providing paint overs, character sheets, close up design drawings and is helping me out with design, structure and other things like proportions and function of the suit.

So far i have only done the top of the body, and it is far from done, i have lots of details to add, everywhere.

This is my first go at a full, hard surface character, so its gonna be a long road ahead, with lots of learning involved.

Here is the design im working towards, its based on Shimmering Swords Ranger concept, which does look slightly different in every painting he has done so we are trying to strike something in between.

As_One_by_Shimmering_Sword.jpg

and

Darkness_Is_Best_Discerned___by_Shimmering_Sword.jpg

Here are a few different shots of my current progress, and an update on the helmet from the old thread.

torsoparts.jpg

torsol.jpg

armv.jpg

The body has a basic design, where you can add pouches and armor pieces ontop of it, im going to make a full body with its own texture as a base, then another set of addons ontop of it, to vary it around for a group shot or something like it. I will also create the new, solid top, helmet.

All parts inside the solid armor pieces, in the joints for example, are going to have the nanoweave muscle suit.

As i said i have a long way to go on this, and lots of details to add.
Big creds to shimmering sword for helping me out with it.

Replies