Home General Discussion

Splinter Cell Conviction

Replies

• Nick Carver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nick Carver polycounter lvl 10
    I finished the single player yesterday and I had some fun today playing the Hunter missions solo. I'm trying to do them all without being detected and it gets pretty damn tough. The Deniable Ops missions feel a lot more like the old Splinter Cell games actually. you definitely have to be a lot more careful and because of this I'm finding them more satisfying than the story missions. I still have to give the co-op a go.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Just completed this yesterday, what an absolutely amazing game!!!

The detail in the characters and environments complimented each other perfectly. The character audio dialouge was much more complex than anything I have ever heard in a game before.
    The stunning design and execution of storyline left me with a sadness on completion of the single player missions, I didn't want it to end. It's not often I feel like that about games but every now and again something comes along that hits the spot.

I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't played yet so I will just say the feeling I got when walking through the streets near the end of the game was incredible!

My thanks to everyone at Ubisoft and others responsible for making this stunner of a game:thumbup:
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some of you might have seen this thread over at zbc but some others might not have. Some cool shots of behind the scenes character art wise.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=086033
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    for anyone that is complaining about this one... go back and play double agent :P

love it! only played the demo and picked up the full copy on tuesday. played it for a tiny bit, but i also picked up 2 other games (red dead and split second), so im juggling right now. but suuuuch a good game. Im SO glad they went back to stealthy (compared to double agent, its stealthy). the first one was one of my favourite games, but this is definitely a refreshing new spin on the series and i for one love every bit of it. dont like the mark and execute? dont use it. pretty simple. I think its sweet. makes some things a little easy, but come on... its awsome to watch!
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Steam has a Splinter Cell pack on sale this weekend. The original, Chaos Theory, Double Agent, and Conviction (Deluxe Ed), in a pack for 45.99usd. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/415

So is Conviction worth the DRM hassle?
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Wtf, 50 fucking euros the splinter cell pack, why?? what's up on steam!!!

46 dollars should be 37 euros as much. Europeans as always, paying more.

Some friends told me the drm of this game is a total nuisance. Having the other splinter cells, i think i should wait for a real deal. 50 euro is a bad joke.

The dawn of war II gold edition is around 28 euros, in dollars 20 (16 euros).
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Probably 28$, Steam thinks that 1$ = 1€
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    The dawn of war II gold edition is for 19,99 dollars, so 20 dollars. The european price is 28 euros.

Prices are far higher for europeans, and it's unfair. I would like to know which is their excuse :D
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    So I caved and bought the pack. Aside from one dropout (caused by my shitty isp), so far no issues with the DRM, aside from the fact that in addition to Steam, I still have the additional Ubi launcher sitting around for no reason. Pretty fun so far, but the game runs like complete shit half the time on my laptop, with settings dropped to low. I wish there was a way to disable the dof filter, since that usually crushes my performance.
  • SyedS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The DLC maps are pretty damn good. Heck, they even look better than the ones found in the campaign