Home General Discussion

NBA Playoffs 2010

Replies

• foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
    Pretty disappointed in the Magic giving up both their homes games. I read a stat on ESPN that said this has happened to the home team 25 times (going down 0-2) and 22 of those 25 times they went on to lose the series.

On the bright side, that means 3 out of 25 times a team dug themselves a hole like this and came back to win it. So it's possible. But, it's got to start with game 3 and if we lose that one, then I just don't see the Magic winning 4 straight games against this Celtics team.
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MagicSugar polycounter lvl 10
    On the bright side, that means 3 out of 25 times a team dug themselves a hole like this and came back to win it. So it's possible.

:)

You're not a good gambler are you?

12% is not promising odds. In other words, according to your stats, 12% for Magic versus a whopping 88% for Celtics.

Anyway, I hope Magic will see the light and do more "Twin Towers" combo of Gortat and Howard. Bench Jameer (he SUCKS!), switch Redick to point and just let Petrus and Lewis keep shooting threes til they warmup and get baskets in a row. Carter should concentrate and not choke at free-throws.

I give them another 12% if they do that.
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well you can't really compare it to gambling since theres no luck or chance involved, its entirely skill or its supposed to be.... but with these shitty ass refs, its a different story.

Who says the NBA isn't amazing? Come on.... its so amazing how rigged it is!
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    There were bad calls made against both teams equally so I don't understand where you're seeing this bad officiating.

The Celtics were just throwing down some solid defense and weren't giving the Magic easy shots and were forcing them to line to earn their points. It's why Celtics had both Pierce and Perkins (I think Wallace too) foul out of the game.

Game 1 the Magic weren't playing so well so the Celtics had it easy. In Game 2, the Magic really stepped it up a notch but they just couldn't break through the Celtics defense and they weren't given easy looks to the basket.

So really, it's not that they were playing bad, it's just that the Celtics were playing better. Besides, Celtics have such a shitty home record this season and I wouldn't be surprised if the next two games are taken out by the Magic.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    KhAoZ wrote: »
    Well you can't really compare it to gambling since theres no luck or chance involved, its entirely skill or its supposed to be.... but with these shitty ass refs, its a different story.

Who says the NBA isn't amazing? Come on.... its so amazing how rigged it is!

Just because the team you picked is losing doesn't mean it's rigged. The Celtics have the deepest starting five in the conference (they were the only team with three All-Stars) and they're just a year off a championship - winning two close games against the Magic isn't that hard to believe.

If the NBA was fixed, LeBron and Kobe would be in the Finals. David Stern isn't pulling strings just to keep his best player from winning the title.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Less about the refs and more about magic players choking making stupid mistakes. Carter choking at the stripe an reddick? The fact that they were so close shooting as badly as they did should give them some sort of hope going forward. I think they'll grab game 3 but loose in 5.
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're not a good gambler are you?

Haha, I don't gamble. But even so I wouldn't put money on those odds :P

I'm just saying at least there is a precedent for a team getting into this situation and somehow getting out of it, even if it is unlikely. Regardless, stats about other teams don't really matter - all that matters is how the Magic match up the Celts and how hard they play.

For example, last year the Celtics were up 3-2 on the Magic and there was a stat floating around how they had never lost when leading 3-2 (with at least 30 series to back it up). Yet, the Magic came back to win the series and now that 2009 matchup is the exception to the rule. So hey, anything can happen :)
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    Yea looking forward to game 3, Im hoping magic bring it, they have been so close to taking it so it really is anyones ball game. I have faith!

Nobody talking about the lakers? Kobes on FIRRRRREEEEEEE
  • boyluya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boyluya polycounter lvl 10
    Lakers-Celtics finals!
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Well, you can stick a fork in the Magic. I didn't think they'd win tonight, but the Celts going all Boston Massacre on them with Big Baby was unexpected. After that beatdown, I wonder if Orlando can even avoid a sweep.

I like Celtics-Lakers for the final, with the Celtics in 6.
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sad to see my Magic going down like this. Still hoping they can show some grit and avoid getting swept, but at this point they might be mentally checked out of the series. Looks like it will be a Celtics - Lakers Finals, in which case I'll have to root for LA. I like seeing them win considering I live near LA and go to some of their homegames (although last years Finals was particularly traumatic)
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Wooohooo! Suns win in game 3! The odds are still a little stacked against the Suns, but this puts them in a better position against the Lakers. The defense they were playing was a lot more effective against the Lakers last night. The Sun's offense was actually pretty bad, but the Lakers were also choking a bit on the offense. Stoudemire was the deciding factor, and carried most of the Suns offense. (with some decent support from Lopez and Nash) The Suns bench was able to hold the line against the Lakers defensively, but couldn't seem to put the points on the board.

Kobe and Fischer were power players for the Lakers, although a little over-aggressive defense by Fischer gave the Suns some easy points in the fourth quarter.
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Down with the Lakers!
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    BEAT L.A. BEAT L.A.

The Magic seemed too burned out after the last two games with their epic effort and they had nothing left in the tank.
    Nate stepped up huge and we got this!

Celtics for World Champions 2010.
  • boyluya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lakers still have to deal with the Suns though. I have a feeling they'll lose game 6 in Phoenix(it's gonna be raining 3's for sure) but will win big in game 7 at home. Kinda like the Houston series last year.
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah you're right kind of like the Houston series in that there were so many no-calls and the Lakers got away with the dirtiest plays I've ever seen. If the Lakers make it to the Finals this year, let alone win the championship, the NBA is truly a disgrace.

To be honest, I can't even begin to describe how frustrating it was to watch the Lakers win a game merely by stupidass luck in a game where they were so outplayed it was ridiculous, and the worst part is that Steve Nash missing 2 free throws in a row for the first time in his career had to happen in the same game, which by the way was the only flaw he had that night....
  • boyluya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yay! Lakers-Celtics finals!

I was right. It was raining 3's, but not much for the Suns. Ron Artest was on target!!
    And Kobe? EPIC.