Home General Discussion

NBA Playoffs 2010

The Boston Celtics are going down tonight!!!! Just thought I would make a thread to prove that I have been a witness to Lebron "The King" Jame's greatness and he WILL take care of business in Game 6.

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    /me is confused
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Cleveland Cavaliers will be victorious tonight and bring shame to the Boston Celtics and their families, what's there to be confused about?
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm going to disagree with you for the sake of disagreeing.

EDIT: Go Celtics.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sXe Seany wrote: »
    I'm going to disagree with you for the sake of disagreeing.

EDIT: Go Celtics.

As long as you're not a Celtics fan, I think we can get along :)
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MagicSugar polycounter lvl 10
    UPSET UPSET UPSET !!!

King James ends his run with the Cavs, barring salary cap and shit like that, I don't mind seeing him team up with Derrick Rose of the Da Bullz or with D-Wade of Miami.

I fault LeBron for the Cavs last lost. He should stop assisting and start dominating more from the get go.
  • Mladen Jovicic
    even tho i hate the celtics the most in the NBA, they'r gonna close out the series tonight. lebron blew it last game bigtime and he brushed it off like it was nothing in the post game interview.

its pretty clear that if lebron doesn't perform, the cavs loose.
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    Lebron James, welcome to New York!

Cleveland, welcome to the 2011 draft lottery!
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Choke

But the Celtics are no doubt the better playoff team.

Looks like it's a back to back for Kobe and company then.
  • beartraps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beartraps polycounter lvl 8
    Welcome to Miami Lebron. Wade James 2010
  • MRico
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MRico polycounter lvl 10
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My "dream team" free agent-franchise player combo: Lebron + Dirk Nowitzki + Derek Rose.

Got a feeling Lebron would just pick the highest bidder though.
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It was a close game, could have gone either way.... Jamison choked big time
  • beartraps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beartraps polycounter lvl 8
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Ah! pro basketball, no one in here really follows it 'cause we don't have a team.
  • boyluya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boyluya polycounter lvl 10
    We are all witnesses of another Queen Lechoke's failure.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I fucking LOVE Tiger Woods.
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    Figured Boston would take it tonight. Lebron gave up somewhere around the 3rd quarter of game 5 of this series. Add to the fact that he had no support and he has a terrible coach...yeah, they had no chance tonight. People in Cleveland were pissed at him after his comments after game 5, and rightfully so.

But lets give credit where credit is due. Boston played well and were the better team. They were a more balanced, better coached squad. Cleveland was lazy throughout the playoffs and deserved to go down.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Happy to see Cleavland ( Lebron )loose...

yeah that Allen dunk was cool, but Rondo's assist was the play of the series imo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgBxefhGaNs[/ame]
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What are you guys smoking? Lebron was playing with an injured elbow the entire series.... he's likely going to have surgery before next season. Name one other player that can score 27 points, 19 rebounds, and 11 assists with an injured elbow and a sub-par supporting cast...
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KhAoZ wrote: »
    What are you guys smoking? Lebron was playing with an injured elbow the entire series.... he's likely going to have surgery before next season. Name one other player that can score 27 points, 19 rebounds, and 11 assists with an injured elbow and a sub-par supporting cast...

Injured elbow...uh huh...

Lebron quit. The Cavs followed his example. Cavs made it to the finals when the supporting cast was even WORSE. Difference this playoff "run" was that I honestly don't think Lebron cared as much. Maybe he's not wanting to be the center of attention and all that pressure, maybe he was already thinking about whether he's going to head to New York, Jersey, or Chicago. He did not take over the last two games like he needed to, regardless of his line in game 6. 1 field goal in the last 9 minutes? 8 of 21? And in a game where he needed to be shooting more he kept giving the ball up. He didn't get to the line anywhere near as often as he needed to, and didn't try to. In games like these, the true players come out to play and Lebron didn't. After game 5 he said "I spoil people with my game." Really? I never heard Jordan say anything like that. Just admit you blew it and play better. That comment alone rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18

You forgot to add 9 turnovers. Almost a quadruple double there.

There's no doubt that he's a bit of a douche and his teammates probably all hate him, but I do feel sorry for him in a way. All that "I'm a witness" marketing and King James nickname, it's too much pressure for a guy that young to win.

Now all the talk is him going to Chicago. Him, Rose and Noah, that's scary.
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You forgot to add 9 turnovers. Almost a quadruple double there.

There's no doubt that he's a bit of a douche and his teammates probably all hate him, but I do feel sorry for him in a way. All that "I'm a witness" marketing and King James nickname, it's too much pressure for a guy that young to win.

Now all the talk is him going to Chicago. Him, Rose and Noah, that's scary.

Yeah, I'm not hating on him totally, he just certainly didn't deliver and his attitude wasn't great. Guys like Dream, or Jordan certainly wouldn't have that attitude after having a shitty game.

I don't know about Chicago, mainly because I don't think Rose and him can share the ball. NY doesn't have as much to offer as people think they do, whereas the Nets could make a big move. Now that sources are saying that Brown is fixing to get fired as the coach (and rightfully so) the Cavs might be able to bring in a big name coach (Hello Larry Brown?) and keep him there if they can bring in some talent.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    When the cav win everyone is saying finally Lebron has a decent supporting cast, soon as they loose they are to blame. They were good enough to finish as the number 1 team.

Pretty sure Dwayne Wade managed to win a championship battling through some significant pain/injuries.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Being a Celtics fan, I'm totally amped to see them go through to the next round. Rondo is a machine during the play-offs, which is why I wear my #9 Celtics jersey with pride :D

It should be an interesting series against Orlando.
  • Mladen Jovicic
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It should be an interesting series against Orlando.

Yep. Basically..."The Battle of the Perimeter Shooters".

But KG has an advantage over Howard with this.

Big Baby Davis and Perkins should just tag team-defend Howard and get him to foul out early by the 3rd quarter
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well Celtics don't really have that many 3 point shooters, especially since they traded Eddie House. They have Ray Allen and Rasheed Wallace, but Ray has been really inconsistent in the play offs.
    But from memory, Orlando definitely have some solid perimeter shooters.

And Dwight Howard... I really don't like that guy. So I'm all for getting him into foul trouble :D
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
    <---- Orlando fan. Go magic :D

Bring on the Celtics
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Injured elbow...uh huh...

Lebron quit. The Cavs followed his example. Cavs made it to the finals when the supporting cast was even WORSE. Difference this playoff "run" was that I honestly don't think Lebron cared as much. Maybe he's not wanting to be the center of attention and all that pressure, maybe he was already thinking about whether he's going to head to New York, Jersey, or Chicago. He did not take over the last two games like he needed to, regardless of his line in game 6. 1 field goal in the last 9 minutes? 8 of 21? And in a game where he needed to be shooting more he kept giving the ball up. He didn't get to the line anywhere near as often as he needed to, and didn't try to. In games like these, the true players come out to play and Lebron didn't. After game 5 he said "I spoil people with my game." Really? I never heard Jordan say anything like that. Just admit you blew it and play better. That comment alone rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

His comments were uncalled for and inappropriate, I will agree with you there. But half of the Cav's offense was them standing around staring at Lebron, waiting for him to make something happen. Its unfortunate but he will always be compared to Jordan, yet the fact is that Jordan was surrounded by so much more talent than Lebron ever has, that there really isn't any comparison to be made. I mean think about it, hes the only All-Star on that team.... Shaq is too old to be playing and hes actually even about to retire, he makes the Cavs worse than they are. And if you want proof of that, look at Phoenix, they were SOOOO bad the last two seasons with Shaq and now that he's gone, they're in the Conference Finals! If they win one more series, they have a chance to play for the Championship.... Anyway, Lebron is only 25 years old and hes already gotten MVP twice and made it to the NBA finals once with a sub-par supporting cast, enough said I think
    <---- Orlando fan. Go magic :D

Bring on the Celtics

Yeah the Magics have a big chance this year to play for the championship! :)
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well Celtics don't really have that many 3 point shooters, especially since they traded Eddie House. They have Ray Allen and Rasheed Wallace, but Ray has been really inconsistent in the play offs.
    But from memory, Orlando definitely have some solid perimeter shooters.

And Dwight Howard... I really don't like that guy. So I'm all for getting him into foul trouble :D

I've always thought of Howard as a poor man's Shaq. If Rondo plays well the Celtic's will take it in 6 I think.
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyway, Lebron is only 25 years old and hes already gotten MVP twice and made it to the NBA finals once with a sub-par supporting cast, enough said I think

Yeah, his performance in those playoff series is enough said. Regardless, Lebron is going to burn out unless he develops his jumpshot and mid game more. The way he plays is gonna kill his career way early. Until he comes to play and be the leader that the greats are, he's going to be just another underachiever.

EDIT: And this is from someone that is a fan of his.
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No way man! The Celtics have NO chance to win this series....
    Yeah, his performance in those playoff series is enough said. Regardless, Lebron is going to burn out unless he develops his jumpshot and mid game more. The way he plays is gonna kill his career way early. Until he comes to play and be the leader that the greats are, he's going to be just another underachiever.

EDIT: And this is from someone that is a fan of his.

Which playoff series are you talking about?
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No way man! The Celtics have NO chance to win this series....

You're right. Good argument and points you made there. :P
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Emil: they have Pierce too bro pretty good at the 3. I think the Celtic's can do it. Especially if Howard gets frustrated with their D and starts loading on the fouls.
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First of all, the Magic tore the Celtics apart in last season's playoffs WITHOUT Jameer Nelson (arguably their best player). Now he is back and better than ever and they also have All-Star Vince Carter.... like I said NO CHANCE!
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    First of all, the Magic tore the Celtics apart in last season's playoffs WITHOUT Jameer Nelson (arguably their best player). Now he is back and better than ever and they also have All-Star Vince Carter.... like I said NO CHANCE!

Dude, what?

1) Last year's Boston-Orlando series went all seven games. You aren't tearing through anybody if you need a game seven to beat them.

2) You apparently forgot that the 2009 Celtics also went through the playoffs without Kevin Garnett, arguably THEIR best player (guess who had more PPG this year, Garnett or Nelson?)

3) Considering how well the Celts handled Cleveland, I think they've got a bit more than 'NO CHANCE' of taking down Orlando.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, Tom. I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with what you've said :D

Gav, I totally forgot about Pierce cos he definitely can knock them down when needed.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    KhAoZ I think we must be watching different sports. Jameer Nelson is decent but in no way Orlando's best lol, would you build a team around Jameer? hahaha no way! And yes Vince used to be an All Star, has always been pretty to watch. But hes also proven time and time again that you shouldn't rely on him when it actually counts ( just ask the nets )

Yeah and last year Celtic were without Garnett who has so far been their best post season player.
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok I won't say anything else at least until after Game 1, you'll see for yourself :)
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, Tom. I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with what you've said :D

Gav, I totally forgot about Pierce cos he definitely can knock them down when needed.

Haha - the NBA Playoffs are bringing people together!! :)
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice job by Wallace on Howard. Detroit Pistons mind-game style in effect

Magic should just play Gortat more and Jameer trips easily as usual (nice move by him though, from the Carter free throw miss).
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They all make too much money, cry too much and do too little to contribute to society. The shit we could do with the money they make and money that goes into their monumental wastes of downtown space... fuck... we would have put humans on mars and cured cancer over the weekend.
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kobe Bryant dealing with a swollen knee and Andrew Bynum's knee injury is getting worse. Score one for the good guys! (Phoenix Suns)
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Merged both NBA Playoff related threads and renamed it to something more appropriate. There really is no point to seperate threads.
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
    The Magic laid an egg in game 1 against Boston. No excuses. But at least they showed some signs of life in the 4th quarter. Hopefully they'll win game 2 and even up the series :)
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Emil and fosho foreverendering, they got this. They just underestimated the Celtics a bit in Game 1.
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Magic Chokers. Nothing but a bunch of playoff chokers. Mental collapse at critical moments of the game.

Smellin a sweep here. Howard shouldn't have flagrant fouled Pierce. Ya know they're gonna play that up in boston.

Highlight for me, the Rondo behind-the-pass fake. Tough thing to do considering you have to twist your spine so Gortat sees and falls for the bait.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Back to back home game losses for the Magic.
    Good times!
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Worst officiating ever seen in a NBA playoff game? Well I take that back, last year's Rockets/Lakers was pretty fucking shitty too