Home General Discussion

Who's pumped for SSF4?

Replies

• bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    we'll see how they handle it for mvc3, but boy am I glad I'm not hardcore into fighting games. can't imagine being this nitpicky! but I can see exactly what you guys mean. it is different. I like.. both :)
  • rumblesushi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin, good games ;)

Nice to see you exclusively rocking a new character. It's amazing how many people buy the new game and still exclusively play - you guessed it - Ryu.

I'm using Guy/DeeJay and a bit of Doodles as you saw. Oh and a bit of T Hawk too, he's fun. For some reason dominating with pink T Hawk seems to inspire rage.

I had to bust out Balrog though to eradicate the Blanka scrub ;)
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    yep, it was fun!

The Hakan trailer was what really got me into this game, I hadn't really played much since SF2 arcade as a wee lad.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    crasong wrote: »
    Haha yeah suppose you're right. Dudleys still my fav though.

Am i the only one here who still instinctively tries to tech in ssf4?

I do and I hate dudley's back swing blow dosent work how it use to...he feels completely nerfed versus how he use to handle
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    ibuki's wind dash doesn't go through fireballs anymore :(:( me=sad panda
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    Nice to see you exclusively rocking a new character. It's amazing how many people buy the new game and still exclusively play - you guessed it - Ryu.

I

Man, no kidding. I think the only player I've touched from SS4 is Fei Long and maybe Blanka online for a bout or two. Really been digging Cody and Ibuki, and finally got around to re familiarizing myself with Adon the other night. LOT of people playing Juri online.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    LOT of people playing Juri online.

hmm really :o I played about 40 matches so far and only seen someone use juri once. In fact the majority of people were the same old shotos.

I've been using ibuki mainly, but I tried all the other new characters in challenge mode and they all seem pretty interesting (except the grapplers, never were interested in them :/)
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *shrugs* I was getting a lot of Juri players the last couple of nights that I played. But yeah, mainly it's been Akuma, Ryu, etc...
  • crasong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crasong polycounter lvl 13
    Just played some 3rd strike today and realised that on top of frequently using hugo and alex, i use fuerte, thawk and zangief pretty often too. Wow, seems i like grapplers more than id thought hehe. :)

Also

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThRwXfBfU1o[/ame]
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's hilarious. Bottom of the tier list for you Fei Long..
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man_o_mule polycounter lvl 18
    been playing this allot lately. i'm kinda bouncing back and forth between juri and ibuki. Juri seems easier to pick up. Her moves seem a bit more intuitive to me than ibuki's, but then again i have never played SF3.

i still am amazingly bad at this game though.... i'm 1 and 8 right now. I only won that one match cause i changed to having the game search for someone my own skill level (he also had 0 wins)

I'll probably stop playing it soon even though i love it cause i dont have the time to put in to it to get good enough to enjoy online play.
  • crasong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crasong polycounter lvl 13
    I havent played much juri, though the last time i saw her counter teleport thing was pretty cool, not sure if its useful in higher level play. Though based on movelists and experience, ibuki has more cheeky options and mixups than juri does imo, perhaps in terms of setups too if im not mistaken. And the range on her neck breaker? my god!
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man_o_mule polycounter lvl 18
    getting better. i really like the ability to hold juri's fireball in. makes it really easy to react to moves with it. havn't had much time to play though. too busy working on art stuff.
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    Apparently the PC online play was crap compared to consoles, with far less competition, and far less players etc.
    That is correct but at least the PC version didn't have a monthly cost ;) (No live etc)
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Goraaz wrote: »
    That is correct but at least the PC version didn't have a monthly cost ;) (No live etc)
    But what's the use of going online for a match if there is no one to fight?

Ibuki can be a really awesome character in the right hands. Rose and Ibuki, a good combo.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    I played SF4 on the PC, never had a problem finding players to play.

Might be different for "higher level players" though. I dont know how skilled you all are and what perspectives you speak from :p
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    Lamont wrote: »
    But what's the use of going online for a match if there is no one to fight?

Ibuki can be a really awesome character in the right hands. Rose and Ibuki, a good combo.
    There ARE competitors just not as many as on console which makes sense.
  • sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    Throwing my hat in the ring, been playing a lot lately and starting to get decent with Ibuki. Also, my girlfriend just got me this: scaled.php?tn=0&server=835&filename=jqg.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640 woot!

I'm 'sinistergfx' on 360. Let's fight!
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    MegaLamont on PS3 if you want to get slapped around with Ibuki.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    I have this game strangely I dont even play it....something about street fighter dunno. More of a tekken fan :)
  • rumblesushi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekken, bah! No dial-a-combos in Street Fighter :P

Sinister, I'll add you and we'll do battle. Hopefully it's not too laggy, as I'm English.

How are you getting on with learning stick, presuming you were playing on a pad before?
  • sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    rumblesushi: cool, I look forward to some battles.

Actually, I was stick before also, just the cheap Hori EX2. That did take a little bit to get used to... maybe a week or so? Afterwards, gamepad feels so imprecise.

The main thing with the new stick is that I don't feel like I'm going to break it (same parts as the SF4 arcade machine), so I feel a bit more confident doing fast inputs on the stick.