Home General Discussion

Medal of Honor: Leave a Message trailer

http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/2010/05/world-wide-trailer-debut

So this is looking really authentic. I hope they stick with this kind of serious, realistic drama and avoid the class "one dude saves the world with his M4" approach. I'm excited for this one I think! :)

Replies

• Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Cool presentation, but I'm really getting sick of prerendered trailers that have nothing to do with the game. I'd much rather see something like Epic did with the Gears 2 "Rendezvous with death" trailer.
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It sounds like this was filmed using actual animations and assets from the first level though:

http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/2010/05/leave-message

"Since the entire piece is taken directly from the opening of the first Ranger mission in our game, creating the first pass of our trailer was quick and easy. We simply slowed the animation down and removed a few scenes that didn’t fit within the message. The entire untouched scene at regular speed remains in the final product."
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    didn't show much other then a helicopter ride... look forward to seeing a more detailed trailer.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Very atmospheric...I'm getting more and more interested in this game.
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    let see if this can bring back the intense atmosphere as allied assault did ......
    i miss that really got sweat and blood in single player experience ....

about the sound, if this is the same sound guyz from allied assault MOHA that would be great ... i remember when i was browsing sound folders just to hear every in game sound details
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    Well, you get a beard
    So i'm interested
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Hey this is not looking half bad ... Looks like they are really giving it a shot. It's hard not to draw the comparisons with MW but this may just stand up on it's own.

I too thought that the trailer was prerendered but I did noticed some slight dithering on the shadows so perhaps it's an in-engine with high resolution textures but not running real time.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    neat presentation but that trailer didn't really do shit for me. let's see some gameplay.

It's happened way too often where marketing can really pull you into a game and get you interested, even in the ways they describe the gameplay... but it's all exaggeration and by the time you actually play games are either crap or the same as all the other games you've played in the genre. it's disheartening. it's also one of the reasons I fucking hate previews for games. they make shit sound so good in words but the actual games themselves don't convey the same level of awesome
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    I really liked the trailer, not your standard massive explosions in your face over the top stuff that the MW2 trailers kinda spiraled into. and hey it didnt feature the guy on the chair with the cell phone detonating the bomb that they seem so fond of putting in their past 2 trailers.
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Pretty cool, I loved the beginning with the EA logo and the phone ring, then suddenly seeing the Chinooks... After that it dragged on a bit. I expected the call to be a lot shorter, instead the guy just goes on about his guys being tough, ready for a fight and that its their job... Ok, things she probably already knows. A simple 'I'll be fine, this is what we trained for' would've sufficed (especially considering how its a message, not a conversation). I'm kind of nit picking though, was expecting the call to be over shortly then see a burst of action.

Cool stuff, cant wait for this game! :)
  • Guriamo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guriamo polycounter lvl 17
    hope there will be some beard customization ...
  • Purplepaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Purplepaint polycounter lvl 8
    This looks like a game im going to have to grab!
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Totally not ingame, more like pre-rendered using ingame assets, like every other trailer out these days...

I thought it was well done, very nice to see people trying new ideas. The only issue I had were with the Rangers themselves... Aside from one guy, everybody looked near enough the exact same, facial features wise. Very odd...

EDIT: I confused "INGAME" with "FIRST TRAILER" for some reason, yet... Erm... This is like the 3rd trailer for this game I've seen so not sure how its the "first" :s
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Harry wrote: »
    Well, you get a beard
    So i'm interested

:D!!
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    adam wrote: »
    :D!!

i'm not even fucking around though m8, like, i dont even really care what the gameplay's like, the simple knowledge that my character has an epic beard will keep me enthralled for the whole game.

I'm hoping wiry beardhairs appear on the hud

And +1 on the beard customisation. Hopefully we'll be able to see wizard-length beards ingame
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 14
    Medal of Beard looks damn Beard. Just think of the MP customization possibilities!
    beard2.jpg
    13.jpg
    beard5.jpg
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Sweet Jesus.

They are Gods.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message