Home General Discussion

Evolve CG Hunter Challenge

Replies

• Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I'm not going to Evolve CG, no. I'm way out in Portland, Oregon so it'd be a pretty hefty plane ticket to get out there. I was going to fork out the cash should I had placed, but most definitely not now.

Putting all my eggs into GDC in 2 weeks where the real shit goes down ;)
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah, I did the competition as well. I definitely did not put as much time into it as I could/should have, but I still feel that the competition was missing some much needed structure. However, it is the first time they ran the comp, so maybe if it runs again, it will be much smoother and organized.

Isaiah, I really liked your concept piece and it showed that you really put the time and effort into your hunter. We should meet up at GDC, I'll be there as well.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Sure, if I can find out when the Polycount partay will be I'll be definitely hanging out there :)

Nothing better than having a couple beers and bullshitting with future friends.
  • gordon-v
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello guys. I just saw what is going on here and wanted to leave some words.
    Things went diffrent than I espected them to be. I can understand you guys and I am humble that you think, I should have placed better beartraps. But what ever the reason for the judges decission is, we must aceppt that. I am very happy that I made it to the Top 3. We all should deal with that very proffessional despite of what we are thinking about the outcome. I have seen a lot of very proffessional work that was done for the contest, and I am happy to have been a part of that. You guys did a very good job on your characters. You all put your heart into it. It doesnt matters to win or to lose. It is about getting a job. and all of you created a damn good piece for your demoreel!
    It was nice to be in that contest with you guys! thanks for this experience!
  • beartraps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beartraps polycounter lvl 8
    No doubt gordon-v. My criticism was simply of the judging and I did not intend to take anything away from the winning entries, there is no doubt about it that all of the top places were fantastic pieces of work. It would just be nice to see some feedback as to what made them place higher than others.

I hope no one was offended of my criticism, again my aim was not to take anything away from the winners.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    UPDATED SPEAKER LIST:

KeKai Kotaki: Lead character artist at NcSoft (Guild Wars)
    Hanno Hagedorn: Lead Character Artist Naughty Dog (Uncharted 2/Crysis)
    Ryan Trowbridge: Character TD Naughty Dog (Uncharted 2)
    Jason Ryan: Animation Supervisor DreamWorks (Monsters vs. Aliens/Shrek 4/Chicken Little/Aladdin)
    Teagan Morrison: Lead Environment Artist Naughty Dog (Uncharted 2)
    Ted Davis: - Surfacer at Dreamworks
    Fausto de Martini: Cinematic Modeler at Blizzard Entertainment.

Job Fair/Recruiters (Studios attending thus far):
    Naugty Dog
    Dreamworks
    RandH
    Activision
    Blizzard
    NCsoft
    Shadows and Darkness

Click Here To Buy Tickets

Ticket Prices:
    Student Ticket Prices

* Student Ticket -%10 off March 30-April 20, 2010 = $135.00