Home General Discussion

Battlefield: Bad Company 2. What is your handle?

Replies

• A-N-P
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-N-P polycounter lvl 6
    The EU servers are now up guys. Everything is working fine for me. Woohoo!
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    I was going to invest in AVP3 for PS3 but I guess I'll save money and buy this one for PC.
  • A-N-P
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-N-P polycounter lvl 6
    Having connection problems. Starting to think this was a waste of time. Bought the game 2 days ago and only been able to play it for 10 mins... Pathetic =/
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This launch has been extremely rough, but when the game works it is oh so amazing. According to DICE there are now more people playing it on PC than both of the consoles combined.
  • A-N-P
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-N-P polycounter lvl 6
    Yeah once im in-game and everything is working fine, its an awesome game, just hope they can fix this soon before. The campaign has been amazing so far too but we all know that BF games are bought more for multiplayer, well at least i do.

And good, its PC gamers that brought Battlefield to where it is today, its nice that people realize this for a change.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Press ''Q'' to spot people i got 1400 points as a sniper (in one life) almost only spotting people so that my teamates at the objectives would know exactly where the enemy is comming from.

THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah it's pretty fun when I actually get to play. Been having lots of connection problems, full servers, and most of the time when I try to join a server it says "please wait" for a wile, then it just dissapears and leaves me in the server browser...

When I do get on, I'm Bal-bafu, on european servers.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    yeah, pretty fed up so far with the constant connection problems - half the time it's as simple as not even being able to log in.

Started playing the single player to try and get some value out of it ... but it left me cold - SO cheaply put together, full of the most basic UI and hud bugs that have no place in a commercial game. Ugly as sin too. Humph.

oh, and "kennethanger". Should i actually manage to get into a game.
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    This is one of the worst games of the year. I'm fully updated drivers, windows, everything. Even the manual punkbuster update. I'm kicked out of every sever I join by PB. I bought this game last night, and I can see it was a huge mistake. So many people having this same problem. What a POS game, this is the last time I get a PC game that uses PB.

Guess I'll go back to SC2 Beta. At least Blizzard knows how to make games that work...and its in beta. lol fail EA / Dice. Fail.
  • PfhorRunner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    ZOMG I got pulled over in my car! Fail Subaru, Fail...

Not the games fault PB sucks, but the decision to use it was unfortunate.
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    For you guys having PB errors, did you make sure you have the demo un-installed? I know that was an issue a lot of people were having. I'm not sure why Dice has such a hard-on for PB, it's always been so damn picky.

Also, If you like douche free, fun servers that are fairly admined, you're all welcome to come play on my clan's server, ATF's Frag n' Bag(a quick search should find it for ya).
  • Gilgamesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    Pb isn't the problem for me, every time I just want to join a server it says connection lost every single damn time, about 1 in 30 attempts works (so I know it works as regards to ports ect) and I lose connection constantly with EA so it kicks me from the game and doesn't update the stats.

I thought no one could do worse than IWnet for trying to get into a game, but it looks like I was sorely wrong.
  • lefix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lefix polycounter lvl 11
    i never had the demo installed, but am getting the same pb kicks on most servers. even when i manually downloaded the lastest version of pb.
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Punkbuster issues are actually individual servers errors (the quick kick and INIT ERROR). EA released a server patch (R5) for all servers Saturday. However, the update isn't applied until the server is restarted. Many servers have not yet been restarted to finish applying the patch, so PB gets a mis-match error. For now, try and add servers that work to your favorites list.
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    ZOMG I got pulled over in my car! Fail Subaru, Fail...

Not the games fault PB sucks, but the decision to use it was unfortunate.

No your wrong. Its the developers and publishers fault to use PB, so not only is it unfortunate its also fail. Its not just PB, its the EA servers failing to connect half the time. Sorry but this just pisses me off to no end when I buy a game and cant play it, despite the fact that my machine is awesome, and everything is up to date.

Also your car comparison to this issue is stupid and makes no sense. Nice try though.

Something like this makes me mad not only because I feel like I wasted money, but it undermines all the hard work the Dev's put into this game. I just wish I could play it, because it looks awesome.
  • lefix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lefix polycounter lvl 11
    it's not like i can't play it. it just takes 10-20minutes to find a server you can actually connect to and also not get kicked. but once i'm on a server i'm having a great time for next couple hours :P
  • vcortis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vcortis polycounter lvl 9
    My handle is... vcortis

what a surprise lol.
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    So I'm finally able to join games without getting kicked now. It just takes forever to find a server I can connect to.

Overall I think the game play is great classic BF we all love. I think the sniper rifles are great. Having to take gravity and range into effect makes a nice challenge and very gratifying when you start to get good with it.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    I'm disappointed that there's no LAN play option or dedicated server download. Hope DICE will release this.

Runs ok on my laptop, but I definitely need to get a new workstation to have the settings on max. Looks stunning on my work machine.
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Target_Renegade on PC

Its pretty cool so far, when I'm not disconnected because of punk buster.
  • Pankake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pankake polycounter lvl 11
    Pankake2005 on PS3, add me if you like! Sure would be nice squading with some people who have a clue :D.
  • catstyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    at first I thought it was a clumsy sack of badly made crap, but it's growing on me, running around sniping on the big maps is actually pretty sweet and it really does feel like your in a battlefield

shame though, it still feels clumsy... like your on permanently low fps or something
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    hahahah i love it!

http://kotaku.com/5495016/bad-company-2-video-spoofs-modern-warfare-2s-fags-psa

"If Electronic Arts is willing to go get a major league baseball all-star - and EA doesn't make a baseball game, so it's not like they had a relationship already - to clown Activision and Infinity Ward, what's next? Will they fire DICE's co-founders?"

best quote ever!
  • Shiv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiv polycounter lvl 15
    Santa is my ingame name :D
  • Bobby J Rice 3rd
    iMurderGoRound

xb 360

Come get me,.....if you dare. :P
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    christ so many games to play how'd you guys find the time to keep up...

/me goes and buys it from steam

mass effect 2 (still not finished)
    FFXIII (just started)
    heavy rain (just bought)
    BF:BC2

my handle will be tastytits or something similarly civilized..
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    bc2 is ridiculously unstable on my machine, but that's partially my fault, i'm running a broken videocard overclocked with its fan always on 100% ...

if i ever get that sorted out i'd love to play a few games with you guys.
  • Bobby J Rice 3rd
    the game truly is awesome. It's not as visually stunning or as artistically crafted as mw2 but damn its game play is the best I've seen in it's genera. My only problem is it boots me out of a multilayer match every time i play and my ping is only 13. The boot happens almost every 10 minutes. :( But some days it never happens. Game is great when it works though.
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does anybody play on 360? my gamertag is Zer0Pr0bability

lets get a squad going
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Crazyeyes wrote: »
    the game truly is awesome. It's not as visually stunning or as artistically crafted as mw2 but damn its game play is the best I've seen in it's genera.

I feel the exact opposite; IMO BC is more visually stunning than MW2 but MW2 beats the hell out of BC's gameplay :\
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    The visuals and the gameplay both have their pros and cons in my opinion, but BC2 still beats the shit out of MW2 in my opinion. A large part of BC2 being better for me is the PC community (Although I may be biased because I played MW2 on 360). PC users actually communicate and go for objectives unlike nearly everyone I played MW2 with. On MW2 it was a bunch of 12 year old's running around shooting without even noticing there were objectives in the games. Even when there was a good set of players on MW2 it still didn't beat BC2 for me though. The maps in MW2 are extremely unbalanced in certain gamemodes (Demolition mostly) because they make their maps so all 12 gamemodes can be played on them. BC2's maps are much more balanced and seem to have a general understanding of layout because each map only works on one or two gamemodes.

In case you don't want to read my entire post, BC2>MW2 in my opinion because of the community and the maps. Also the vehicles add another layer to the combat.
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    JFletcho.png

Post 'em brah!

You know you want to.

Loving the game so far, i always forget the names of the maps that i really like (besides africa harbour, who could forget)

I play assault mostly, medic in hectic maps and recon when on the attacking team. :)
  • Martin Henriksson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    JFletcher wrote: »
    JFletcho.png

Loving the game so far, i always forget the names of the maps that i really like (besides africa harbour, who could forget)

Its called Arica Harbour not africa :p Says the stats page is down atm :(
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Needs team balance
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Its called Arica Harbour not africa :p Says the stats page is down atm :(

D'Fuck.

Never noticed that..how weird.

I guess my mind read an F in there.

Now i feel embarrassed, I've been saying to everyone how awesome Africa harbour is and bringing it up everywhere :)
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    best thing about BC2, not hearing kids call you fag, **** or any other name they have learned. All you need is your squad members. Usually I'm a 360 player, but the accuracy of the PC mouse makes this one worth it. Plus it seems like the hit detection on the consoles is increased a little.

PC: gizm0san
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    !! It worked on the low detail on my PC. But I wouldnt want to risk run that game, since it failed on "canyourunit.com"

I am buying a new laptop soon so I'll save this game as well as SC2 (whenever it comes out) and start giving out my PC: ID for multiplayer.

Its pretty much the same nickname I use everywhere..<.<
  • Martin Henriksson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    Oh and now the sig server is back up:

Bult.png
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Zipfinator.png

My K/D Ratio sucks... At least my W/L ratio is pretty good.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    almost 1.0 isn't bad, just average.
  • Bobby J Rice 3rd
    I feel the exact opposite; IMO BC is more visually stunning than MW2 but MW2 beats the hell out of BC's gameplay :

I dunno man, what's visually stunning about BFBC2? I felt like BFBC2's texel density is all over the place. Blurry terrain issues. The over all feel is inconsistant. The desert map has nice mountains in the distance but the forground stones, rocks and cliffs are jaggy and messy. Texture Seams everywhere. Noisy color diffuse maps. There's no solid clean feel to any of the levels. There are "parts" of levels that sing and shine like Port Valdez but nothing beats mw2's disciplined texel spacing.

..................in my opinion. :\
  • Esprite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Esprite polycounter lvl 9
    Esprite.png
    I play this game too much, heh.
  • DEElekgolo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DEElekgolo interpolator
    DEEhunter1.png
    BC2>MW2 im my opinion
    COD games seem to be way more generic in terms of gameplay and art compared to bc2.
    And people who are playing bc2 that transferred from mw2 get pissed easy since there are vehicles and destructible environments. Especially since environments in BC2 are way more dynamic than environments in mw2.
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was just browsing through the xbox leaderboards, and saw that by skill level, I am currently ranked 92 in the world. I had no idea, haha.