Home General Discussion

Corey Haim - Dead at 38

Replies

• Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    DUDE! I JUST saw this.... people around the office are all a buzz......

LOSTBOYS........ lostboys :(
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Not surprised, but also disappointed that he didn't pull his life back together. I saw the VH1 (or whoever ran it) show where he tried resolving things with Corey Feldman, and supposedly had kicked his drug habits. He wanted to get back into acting, but was having pissy fits when he couldn't just step right back into the big roles.

I have a hard time really feeling bad for someone who ODs though.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    notman wrote: »
    I have a hard time really feeling bad for someone who ODs though.

Not trying to stir up anything, but why? Just MPO, but people who OD are in a pretty dark place. I would feel bad for anyone that is in that much mental and personal turmoil in that they feel drugs are their only escape. Whether it was intentional or accidental, it is still a pretty bleak outlook to have and a personal hell I wouldn't want anyone to even imagine experiencing. I agree, I'm not surprised by his death either given his very publicized history, but still....

I don't mean this in an "oh, poor you, awwwwwwwww, i should feel bad for you, you poor addict" sort of condescending way either. The circumstances will vary from person to person, but addiction to any sort of drug is not fun, and shouldn't be taken lightly.

I also don't mean anything towards you notman. You're an awesome dude. Just putting out that food for thought... though I have still yet to learn to keep my mouth shut most of the time........... my All-Stars have teeth marks.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Aw man that sucks, he was really good in goonies.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Josh_Singh wrote: »
    Aw man that sucks, he was really good in goonies.

lol he wasn't in goonies.. that was corey feldman :D Can't say I'm surprised he's always had problems with drugs.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Firebert wrote: »
    Not trying to stir up anything, but why? Just MPO, but people who OD are in a pretty dark place. I would feel bad for anyone that is in that much mental and personal turmoil in that they feel drugs are their only escape. Whether it was intentional or accidental, it is still a pretty bleak outlook to have and a personal hell I wouldn't want anyone to even imagine experiencing. I agree, I'm not surprised by his death either given his very publicized history, but still....

That's the thing, drugs are not their only escape. Many other celebrities manage to handle the pressures and media spotlights without going into drugs.

I don't mean it to sound heartless, I just lose respect when people choose to get involved in heavy drugs. Like I said, I'm disappointed, because I was pulling for him to recover, but I don't feel sad, because he did this to himself. Does that mean I'm right to feel that way? Who knows, but it's still my emotional response.
  • KhAoZ
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol he wasn't in goonies.. that was corey feldman :D Can't say I'm surprised he's always had problems with drugs.

Josh your thinking of the little brother and that was played by Sean Astin (rudy). Damn man drugs or not lost boys is still one of my favorite films of all times. R.i.p Lucus~ Corey!
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Silver bullet was an awesome movie..still one of the best werewolf movies IMO
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Silver Bullet is badass. I let my kids watch it (big mistake) the hold it in their minds as the scariest movie of all time.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    38!? Wow i never expected him to live that long with the way he lived his life. Being 12 and doing coke with the A list stars never ends well.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Thegodzero wrote: »
    38!? Wow i never expected him to live that long with the way he lived his life. Being 12 and doing coke with the A list stars never ends well.
    Tell that to Drew Barrymore...

Yeah. That's a shitty way to go man. Apparently it wasn't even illegal drugs that did him in, but some prescription abuse. There are people who use drugs because they just like to get fucked up all the time (party animals), and there are people who do drugs to cope with mental/emotional issues. It's the wrong coping mechanism for sure, but you've gotta have a little sympathy for those poor souls who feel so lost the only way to escape their demons is to numb their minds to it. Well, I do anyway.

R.I.P. Corey Haim.

Lost Boys + Silver Bullet FTW.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Drugs are bad, mmmkay?
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    Damn, this isn't the birthday present I wanted.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I thought he died 15 years ago!? ...oh wait that was just his career. I have no sympathy for celebrities who die from drug overdoses, in Corey Haim's case, it was certainly a long time coming, and a long time in which he could've gotten his act together.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Tell that to Drew Barrymore...

Yeah. That's a shitty way to go man. Apparently it wasn't even illegal drugs that did him in, but some prescription abuse. There are people who use drugs because they just like to get fucked up all the time (party animals), and there are people who do drugs to cope with mental/emotional issues. It's the wrong coping mechanism for sure, but you've gotta have a little sympathy for those poor souls who feel so lost the only way to escape their demons is to numb their minds to it. Well, I do anyway.

R.I.P. Corey Haim.

Lost Boys + Silver Bullet FTW.

It really doesn't matter if its illegal or not, abusing drugs will get you killed. Be it by the drugs themselves or by what they make you do they will kill you. He lived the dream as a teen, started to party harder and harder with no one stopping him until he partied too hard and lost it all. He didn't stop once he lost it all, he kept going because he was trying to run away from the fact that he killed his career. Yeah there was probably something in his childhood that fucked him up, but he had choices that he never took that could have saved him. The best way to get away from your demons is to take them on one by one not hide from them with drugs.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    he certainly turned out to be a lost boy. real shame at that age