Home General Discussion

SUPER BAWLS

Replies

• TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Rhinokey wrote: »
    i am not a foot ball fan but i hear a lot of rugby fans talk about american football players being wimps because of the pads, thing is american football players have gotten to the "freaking" huge musclehead level that if the game was played without pads,, everyone would die

I think it's not so much that the NFL guys are so big as it is the way the game is played. Rugby players don't have to stand around waiting to field punts with people sprinting into them at full speed. I don't think I've ever seen a rugby match where players run at each other like they do in American football, because everyone is expected to be able to handle the ball and they moderate their speed a bit as a result. A defensive unit in the NFL might get a couple turnovers, but their real intent is to tackle the offense as fast and hard as possible. Having separate offensive and defensive units lets NFL players recover their speed as well - no one can sprint the entirety of a rugby match, but an NFL defensive end can come at you nearly full speed for an entire game.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    It was a great game to watch! Congrats to the Saints! The on-side kick was insane and you couldn't script a better play than that interception returned for a 75 yard touchdown. Everyone at the Superbowl party I was at wanted to see Peyton Manning cry.

As for ads, the winner is definitely the Doritos commercials, those were HILARIOUS. The loser is the bullshit 'too hot for TV' godaddy.com commercials!
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman wrote: »
    You sure it's not called headball then?
    Besides, does soccer(football) have these?
    cardinals-cheerleader-hot.jpg

The one thing the Cowboys still do right:

cowboyscheerleaer.jpg