Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment Rework

LMP
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
LMP polycounter lvl 13
This is an alter room that I did for a class this fall, I feel that most of it is pretty good, except for the alter, I'm going to be redoing that. Feel free to critique other things.

The base Mesh template was provided by Daniel Burwin, I cleaned up the mesh, and did everything else.

Lighting is Vertex Color and Alpha Shadow Overlays. I hade a strict tri limit of 5000

starrynightroom02.jpg
roombeauty.jpg
breakdownq.jpg

Replies

• warby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    warby polycounter lvl 18
    very nice alot of the ps2/gamecube/xxbox1 era games had this kind of precalculated lighting vertex color + decals and i am really digging the smooth look of it i am a bit sad its going away because i like my FRAMERATE !!!!!!!!
  • Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool scene idea.

I like the technical restrictions, sounds like a fun challenge.

Right now the alter is dim and instead there are some lights on the floor that aren't doing much of anything for your scene other than taking focus away from the alter.

I suggest you make that sphere part of the alter glow brightly and be the main source of light and focus in your scene, like your concept art.

Godrays emanating from the alter with some high contrast lighting in the rest of the scene might be cool.
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    warby wrote: »
    i like my FRAMERATE !!!!!!!!

well, i like my DYNAMIC LIGHTING!!!!!
  • vj_box
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can this scene also benefit from some amb occ baked to the verts? and some more attention to the lighting setup.I guess that will make the scene,kick ass! Good job on this.