Home Technical Talk

NOOb Zbrush 3.5 question.

okay, I've been using Zbrush for about a month or so now and i got a firm grasp of the basics but there is one thing that keeps annoying the HELL out of me. How do I get my custom alpha brushes to always load up so i don't have to import them every single time?

this is really annoying because i hate using the default ones! They're awful most of the time. and i hate spending 10 - 20 minutes each work day loading tmine all back in.

Sorry if I sound rude but I'm just frustrated. any help with this would be AWESOME!

Replies

• Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm pretty sure you just have to go into the Program Files and drop them in the Alphas folder, which should be in ZData folder, if I remember correctly.
  • CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    Nope, you need to go to the Pixelogic/Zbrush/ZStartUp folder. The brush .ZBP goes into the brush presets folder, and the alpha goes into the alphas folder. Should be availaible to you on startup after that.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    I found this out a few days ago:

If it's PSD files, they need to be 16bit greyscale to auto-load. If it's 8bit greyscale, will not work.
  • Dallas Robinson
    Hmm, well CheeseonToasts's post seems to work the best however that wasn't exactly what I had in mind. I should have said I wanted my alphas themselves to auto-load not actual brushes. Sorry, that's TOTALLY my bad.

The other two ways posted here seem not to work unless I'm doing something wrong.

BTW, is this just a zbrush thing or am i just slow on the pickup? Saving a new brush in photoshop is really easy but in zbrush it seems like a pain.