Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

temple ruin

Hi, everyone...
Here is a scene that I have been working on lately.
From modeling to texturing(poly paint), everything is done in Zbrush and renedered in unreal engine.
Still need to add some more details to the scene.
Any comments and suggestions?

beautyshot2.jpgbeautyshot1.jpg

Replies

• killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    Dude, this is a sick start!
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    Great start indeed. Try filling in some of the empty space around the sides with trees and over grown foliage.
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    Lighting needs more contrast, there's too much ambient. The moon needs some sort of soft glow or glare around it. Your scene also looks rather dry, like there's no specular be used.
  • wasabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople - thanks dude. will post a much improved version later on.

brandoom - Yeah, that's exactly what I was going to do. I can use some vines on the walls and pillars too. Thanks for the comment.

JordanW - My instructor also pointed out that the moon is too bright and should be toned down. I will adjust it. Too much ambient..... got it.. I will fix it. Thanks a lot, man...
  • Rokkx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Wasabi, what kind of reference are you going off of?
  • wasabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rokkk - it is based on this temple in Cambodia. Here is my mood board for this project.
    presenationpagemoodboard.jpg
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Angkor Wat references are fantastic. Make sure to push the lighting!
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    Haha, I bet that everyone working on some kind of Southern-Asian ruins use Angkor Wat references ;)

If you need some more inspiration then check out the Thailand level from Tomb Raider Underworld. The game is very so-so but environments are often beautiful.

It looks quite good so far, but lighting is going to be a key element here.
    You might want to put more debris on the ground or fill it with vegetation; it looks a little bit empty now.
    Also, I'm not really fond of your moss, I think it should be much darker and less saturated - it looks fluorescent now, although that might be caused by your lighting.
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    If you need some more inspiration then check out the Thailand level from Tomb Raider Underworld. The game is very so-so but environments are often beautiful.

Agreed. Thailand was one of my favorite levels, and the vegetation and surface detail on the ruins themselves was really nice.

+ 1 about the moon and the moss, but I really like your ground - I've been working on a kinda similar ground texture recently, and I think yours came out pretty decent.

With a little work, this could be kickass. Keep going!