Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cyborg

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Konras polycounter lvl 12
Hello :)
Last time I was having realy awful problems with hands to my model.
Last time they were looking like this.
11ran3q.jpg
Many people said that hands were the worst part, so I decided to make new. Those couple of days I tried many things with robot hands, I hanged fingers and so on, but everything were just terrible. Then I decided to try out human hands with some covering armour on it. Hopefully I will be able to sleep today without thinking about new hand possibilities to model tomorrow.
2dso9aa.jpg

szwo6v.jpg
I don't know what to think about it... maybe soon I will freak out once more and change it again :D
Ofcourse it would be healthier for my brain to just focus on other remaining parts now :)
I hope that soon I will show more progress :>

Replies

• eric.
    Do not change those hands! Looks really good man! Great modeling!

Only thing I think looks a bit boring is the stomach part, feels like theres something missing. Maybe you already thought of something there.

Keep at it Konras!
  • {scumworks}
    Now he got penis fingers, nah xD. Looks better I think, however the plate on hes arm seems to dwarf its size a tad. Might just be the angle and pose tho.
  • konstruct
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    Really nice- looks like this could turn into a Mecha Hitler project real easily :)
    one thing I would suggest, is eiter bulk up the forms in the feet a bit, or add more high frequency detail to the rest of the form that effects the silhouette. I just feel like as it is now, the upper body and legs have real nice solid volumes, then when you get to the feet, it sort of throws it off.

- some spindly joint work around the shoulder might help?
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you all for comments :)
    eric. : I must agree with you, whole torso is, emm boring, but for now I don't have any good idea what should I insert there :/
    {scumworks} : as you mentioned it I realized, that maybe smoothing a bit of those forearms could be a good idea, of course with addition of some nice details and wires :D
    konstruct : I will try to repair this what you mentioned, foot "fingers" are sooo thin that they realy could benefit from some weight :) also detail for rest of the armour will be added I hope :)

Ok now, to show that HE is no Hitler at all I have created his haircut :D
    11tr19h.jpg

Although I will probably change it to something like this.... which is most troubling :D
    122jdqs.jpg
    (psst... just joking, the first is ok for me :p)

Cheers :D
  • iWeReZ
    He reminds me of either a futuristic hitler, or a modern real robotnik :D
  • System
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Cool stuff, first glance at this reminded me of Hitler in a mech suit - must be the moustache lol.
    It's really nice, creasing in the fabric is great, prefer the new hands probably because it's human but it depends what you are going for. imo for stylisation and creepyness the machine hands are better.

Edit : iWeReZ I totally missed what you said there, honestly :p
  • Rumkugel
    Offline / Send Message
    Rumkugel polycounter lvl 14
    Also had to think of hitler at first glance..

nazis from outer-space. fuck yeah!
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello
    Ok, so hipoly is more or less finish. Still I need to change those cables, but that I will do just before baking normals.
    2eb97qa.jpg
    Now I need to think about retopology. I am a bit worried about tri count. How much tris should such a model have? 20k? 10k? Still I need to think with parts need to be modelled on lowpoly, and what details can just be baked. This process will be problematic, but I hope that I will made it :D
    Cheers :)
  • teaandcigarettes
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    Great modelling Konras. Moustache and hair are a nice touch ;), I am tired of seeing bald space marines all the time.

By the way, is he supposed to have a beer-belly ;)? I assume that the layer of cloth is pretty thick, but right now he looks a little bit like a fat guy wearing undersized shirt. Other than that I have no crits.
  • CJE
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    Great hardsurface modeling!
  • woogity
    interesting design really cool and functional looking shoulder design
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, I baked normals and lightmaps for all pieces of armor, as far as I am concerned of course :D
    Now Armor has 16 984tri, witch I think is tooo much, but it was my first real retopology :/
    Head + Hair has 2 620 tri (i know its tooooo much)
    Ok here is render from Marmoset
    30caeyg.jpg

Next I will try to make some textures, but I don't really know how to start... I am no expert in this and any advice would be most helpfull in this area. I don't know how deep in details should I go when creating diffuse, or I should just make plane colors...
    I only can dream that in the end all will come out really nice (sadly not all dreams come true :D)
    Cheers :)
  • HonkyPunch
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I'm getting more of a stalin vibe.
    Not to mention that he's in an insane suit, so the nickname "Russia's Man of Steel" comes to mind, ahah.
    Wonderful work, i must say.
  • Dippndots
    looks really sick, u definitely were able to retain a lot of the detail
  • woogity
    very cool man nice bake!
  • killingpeople
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    this is turning out nice man
  • ebagg
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    damn sweet, but if I was wearing armor that big, I 'd want it to include a cod piece!!!