Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Gammaslam, animator/vfx

Just got my website up.

Looking for critiques more about the website design and structure than of my work.

I'm not a web designer or anything. any and all comments are appreciated. Just uploaded so there are problems. Just trying to make it better. Thanks for the input. :)

http://www.gammaslam.com

Here is some back story..

graduated in april.. working at a walmart... hoping to change that.

this site will hopefully be the start to landing a job in the near future as i continue to focus on 3d in my spare time while i work a lame job and pay for Loans!

Replies

• jmchristopher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmchristopher polycounter lvl 11
    Looks good gammaslam.

you may want to darken the background a bit.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    your site doesn't load correctly on most standard browsers still. I get scroll bars on right side and on the bottom of the screen.

I'd still make it viewable at default resolutions of 1024x768

When you hover your logo name on the some of the page it loads up an empty spacer.

resume is a 404.

Why so many pictures of people that aren't you on the about you page?

Spell Check is your friend.

About: FULL SAIL UNIVERSIDTY

I don't think we need to know you are working at Walmart.

Lensflare!
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    either your stealing content from wipeout or you're related to design republic/psygnosis(sony liverpool)
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    go straight to the portfolio - no need for a bloody boring welcome screen - have that hidden in the menu - getting to your content as fast as possible is key if you do not want to scare or bore people away.

The front image with the candle the plane and the clouds is very weak - ditch that and use instead a stronger one if you really want to stick with the welcome screen.

Somehow I am under the impression that your illustration work is far better as the vfx work, the vfx demoreel is rather tiny and boring. I liked the intro logo thing though.
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    Site looks good. Nice and BBC. Need to fill in the art sections. The about section should probably say where in the world you are and what position you'd like to get into. Less about Walmart.
  • Rojo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The font is difficult to read. Replace the welcome block with the Vimeo embed and your illustrations. That's all people want to see, and if they don't like it they won't explore further. I would cut the friends from your about page... it's also poorly cropped which doesn't reflect well. The ghost is funny though. Resume is 404.