Home General Discussion

Scary, inventive tattoo art

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
danshewan polycounter lvl 8
horrible.jpg

original_and_creative_amputee_tattoos__10_photos_.jpg

http://blogs.asiantown.net/-/1483/the-most-scary-tattoos-you--39ve-ever-seen.aspx

Just came across these looking for something else (as is always the case on the interwebs), and thought they were definitely worth posting.

Some of these tattoos are really inspirational, considering the disadvantages some of the people had to go through before they got 'em, and it got me thinking about tattoos generally.

Anyone here got some inspirational ink? Designs they've got waiting until they can afford / find the right artist?

Personally, I'd love to get a portrait of my Mom over my heart by Kat Von D:

http://www.katvond.net/tattoos.php

I've never seen such incredible portrait work by any other tattoo artist. I've said before that we're moving back to the States in the next year, and I'll say right now that I'm going to get that ink done by Kat, and post it back here when we get there.

Got ink?

Replies

• Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    danshewan wrote: »
    Personally, I'd love to get a portrait of my Mom over my heart by Kat Von

You just want to get touched up by Kat. :P

I've seen a man and woman getting tattooed on the same spot on their chest at the same time, and the dude was about to cry and the girl looked like she was getting her nails done.

Those are cool tats you posted.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    There's 'are' better portrait artists out there...but if you want Kat to touch you, that's cool. I've got both sleeves and one leg done...but definitely not as creepy as those :P
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    8FtSpider wrote: »

I've seen a man and woman getting tattooed on the same spot on their chest at the same time, and the dude was about to cry and the girl looked like she was getting her nails done.

Those are cool tats you posted.
    Chest tattoos hurt as ******** *****... :/
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    8FtSpider wrote: »

Busted.

Back on-topic, like womens' pain thresholds were ever in any doubt. I first saw Kat's work on a DMAX show called Miami Ink, seemed like every episode they'd have these teeny cheerleader-type chicks in and they'd take these huge, multicolored tattoos like champions.

I do remember this one really skinny guy getting this seriously impressive portrait done over his entire ribcage based on a portrait he stole from his Dad (who'd said he couldn't have the painting as his inheritance because he didn't agree with his lifestyle or something), and he didn't even fucking flinch.

If anyone can find an image of that guy's tattoo, you win the internet - it was that awesome.
  • ashleyjukes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, women are definitely stronger then men :) Got my ribs done awhile back and it's supposedly one of the most painful spots but didn't feel like anything to me lol. The bows on the back of my legs hurt more than my ribs.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    get your tattoos from Stefan Meisse, he gives you the special treatment
    l_b25fd081c20b1b9660ddf8f0574e4c68.jpg
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    if this doesn't continue into bodymods then I become disappointed.
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    eld wrote: »
    bodymods.

Are we talking horns, fangs, split tongues, or cyborgization? Transhumanism for the win.