Home General Discussion

boondock saints 2

mod
not really sure if anyone has posted this yet. saw it awhile ago. havent seen it on the forums yet

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g1I3JvN0UA[/ame]

Same writer, same director, same actors (minus rocko).

personally, i think it has potential. absolutely loved the first one. hope they keep to the same style

Replies

• dv8ix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh yea. that will definently be another favorite to the list.
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    slipsius wrote: »

Same writer, same director, same actors (minus rocko).

No he's in it in a flashback, I heard. Same with Ron Jeremy's character.

No Willem Dafoe though!
  • StJoris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hope it's good, I loved the first movie.
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would have loved to see Rocco! I watch the first movie to go to sleep sometimes...
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    hrm.

i want to say im excited.... but i am also scared. Why make a second one? The story was awesome, and while yes, knowing what types of shenanigans the ole boys will get into would be cool, it won't have the same mystery.

hopefully theyve written some in, enough so that it warrents a second movie :)
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    cross your fingers and hope it's half decent eh ...

the first was rad.
  • [Deleted User]
    moose wrote: »
    Why make a second one?
    That about sums it up
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    I think Willem Dafoe's character is dead. Look at the 00:59~1:00 section on the wall.

dd.jpg

Or maybe it's the priest in the beginning...
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Yea, I saw this a little while ago. So long as there's a point to making this beyond pleasing the fans/making money, it's good. I'm a bit worried though... the trailer makes me feel like it may be a bit too much of just a plain action flick.

Also... Willem Dafoe isn't in it... :( His character was friggen awesome!

Of course, I'll end up seeing it no matter what, just a bit worried. :P
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Really hope it lives up to the greatness as the first one :)
  • SubPablo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SubPablo polycounter lvl 17
    just a heads up, there's a fairly interesting documentary about the writer/director called Overnight. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390336/

Netflix has it on instant watch as well.
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    me too hopes it is as good as the first one.. .. though the first would be quite stupid shit if there wouldn' t be the public interviews (or opinion survey or how it is called) at the end.. but that makes the first fantastic
    I think it will be hard to balance on the edge of vigilante justice now for the 2nd time..
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    Quokimbo wrote: »
    I watch the first movie to go to sleep sometimes...

that's awesome
    i hope it turns out as killer as the first.... cult classic and all... there's a lot to live up to here.
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuck boondock saints. Was the stupidest movie of all time. When I was a freshman at the dorms, people would watch it and then spend the next year talking to each other with faux irish accents. One kid even pretended that he was from the UK all along and that it was his real accent.

Any movie that has such an effect on society is just evil. And a sequel? It's like getting raped in prison, being glad it's over, just to realize it's going to keep happening every day for the rest of your life.

Seriously, wtf
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dolemite wrote: »
    Fuck boondock saints. Was the stupidest movie of all time. When I was a freshman at the dorms, people would watch it and then spend the next year talking to each other with faux irish accents. One kid even pretended that he was from the UK all along and that it was his real accent.

Any movie that has such an effect on society is just evil. And a sequel? It's like getting raped in prison, being glad it's over, just to realize it's going to keep happening every day for the rest of your life.

Seriously, wtf
    You just gave it all away right there. Freshmen means High School. Which means they still do stupid shit and act like fools. Imitate stuff they see and shit. Girls are still yucky to them and the number one carrier of C1N1.. or Cootie-Flu. A much more deadlier strain of the regular Cooties.
  • rasmus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peter Fonda is in it, and the director has apparently escaped from rehab. *runs for hills*
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Any movie that has such an effect on society is just evil.

But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

Sorry, had to.
  • Cybroxide
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cybroxide polycounter lvl 17
    Wait a minute, the movie sucked because your friends are retarded? It didn't have any effect on society, just moronic kids in your school. I think someones been drinking to much hater-ade.
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cybroxide wrote: »
    Wait a minute, the movie sucked because your friends are retarded? It didn't have any effect on society, just moronic kids in your school. I think someones been drinking to much hater-ade.

okay fine... I'll watch the trailer for part 2, even though I've been avoiding it for months....

Yeh, looks pretty good.
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13

Seriously, wtf

Did you know you can hate the fuck out of the fans and still enjoy the movie?

You can do this with any popular media!

Boondock Saints was a ton of fun. The people who get Veritas tattooed on their hand are twats.

Portal was great! Every fucking CAKE IS A LIE DARRR joke/webcomic/whatever made since the game came out is fucking terrible.

It works anywhere!
  • Cybroxide
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cybroxide polycounter lvl 17
    okay fine... I'll watch the trailer for part 2, even though I've been avoiding it for months....

Yeh, looks pretty good.

see that wasn't too bad and...you can still consider the people that take it too serious idiots
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I always liked boondock saints. The actor that plays detective greenly is actually a local comedian from Maine and I've been to a couple of his shows. He is really good.
  • AlanSMitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlanSMitchell polycounter lvl 14
    I am looking forward to a sequel. I caught the boondock saints fever in middle school and it was out on VHS by then so I was a little late coming into it.
    I think 9 years later and here I am.
    I never thought I would see the day the sequel came out.
  • Quokimbo
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That never gets old.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    So who has seen it? For awhile there it looked like it was getting a very limited release here in the Seattle area, but suddenly popped into a bunch more theaters, so I saw it last night. I liked it but definitely a film I'd need to see twice to really get a good opinion on it.

Overall I thought the vibe felt a bit weird compared to the first, it seems like the characters were much more exaggerated. Particularly Julie Benz's character seemed like she was over-acting the part and her lines were really bad, a shame because she does a good job on Dexter. The action was much more over the top, as were most scenes. Overall not disappointed, just...the vibe was off, like this movie is a caricature of the first one, rather than continuing the same way. But hey, it's a sequel that took ten years to come out, I guess that's understandable.
  • AlanSMitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlanSMitchell polycounter lvl 14
    they didn't even have it in theaters in AZ.
    it really sucked when I checked the day it came out only to find out it's not even playing here.
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    Not only is it playing at a theater here in Houston tonight, but Sean Patrick Flannery will be there as well. Definitely gonna check it out.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    So jealous, i expect a full report when you return. :)
  • Snacuum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snacuum polycounter lvl 9
    That cat scene is the reason I think this movie is a piece of shit. My friends were like, "oh watch this movie it's friggin awesome." I watch it with them, they are having a ball, I am just not, then that scene happens and I'm, "fuck this, this is one of the worst movies of all time."