Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gears of War Aircraft

Heyhey Guys, I have made a aircraft, based on a Concept from Gears of War. Feedback are always welcome! :)
4074645_orig.jpg4037346_orig.jpg8894286.jpg?8943066404_orig.jpg4717758.jpg?820

Replies

• VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    Everything is very well done, except for the platform. It looks as if you put 99.9% of your time into everything and the platform was done post haste.

I really love the rest of the model, great detail and look.
  • Alex Pointer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, this is awesome- would have to be my feedback for this one. To VelvetElvis's point, maybe a depth pass that might draw attention away from the platform (if you are looking to put this in your portfolio). If you are looking to add more detail to the platform: Rivets, Bolts, Slime from this disgustingly awesome creature, feacle matter?, rust marks coming off of the gears holding him up?.

the creatue itself is absolutely top notch.
  • dtschultz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dtschultz polycounter lvl 12
    The textures and model look great, but your lighting is working against you. The skin on the main blimp looks completely flat. You are losing all that great detail you have in the textures. All of the hot lighting is on the creature below.
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    Everything is very well done, except for the platform. It looks as if you put 99.9% of your time into everything and the platform was done post haste.

I really love the rest of the model, great detail and look.

Completely agree with this. The platform makes absolutely no sense to me.
  • D.Carmine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the creature itself looks pretty solid. My only complaint is that the metal on it's back is too reflective. It might be the lighting.

The platform is really bare. If I were you I would add a few things on the platform and on the saddle that holds the creature.

Keep it up.

- D. Carmine
  • TehSplatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
    Could you possibley post up a larger version of your diffuse map :D
  • Mr.Cash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Indeed, very nice work Tom!
    I've nothing more to crit. I just wanna see wires ;)

Cheers