Home Technical Talk

Zbrush retopology question

ZombieGraves
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
ZombieGraves polycounter lvl 8
Quick question, So I sculpted an object in Zbrush 4R3 with dynamesh, then created a new zsphere and retopologized it with a low res mesh. Like an idiot, I saved over the original sculpt. However, the Zsphere object still displays the original sculpt, greyed out underneath the new topology. So it's still there...is there any way to get it back to a polymesh3d object?

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    If it was bound to the zsphere, you might be able to delete the existing topo you made (tools: topology: delete topo). Previewing an adaptive skin should then show the original mesh, so you can turn the density down to one and create a Polymesh 3D or Adaptive Skin from that.
  • ZombieGraves
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZombieGraves polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for the help!
    Sad to say that doesn't work. If I click "delete topo" that removes whatever new topology I've added, but adaptive skin still creates an object from the new topology that I just deleted, not the original model.

I think I'm just fucked. Having an option to roll back to the original model (that's clearly still there) would be a godsend for times like this, but for now I think I'm just going to have to start over. At least I still have the new topology to springboard from. Thanks cryrid, I appreciate the effort.