Home Unreal Engine

Unreal Frontend DX11?

Kbrom12
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Kbrom12 polycounter lvl 8
I'm leading a group here at school and we are utilizing some DX11 features in February UDK. The professor wants an .exe to show and bring around and I don't blame him but we cannot find a way to get that for him. We are using level streaming along with DX11 and it seems whenever I package the game it never seems to work, that and I can't find a way to turn on DX11...any help would be great. I've done a ton of research online and only found other posts just like this with no answers; if anyone knows something please speak up, thanks!

Just to note, the level works perfectly in UDK, just not after we cook, package, and install it.

Replies

• |*BILLY$CLINT*|
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    |*BILLY$CLINT*| polycounter lvl 11
    If you run the game from a shortcut instead of the .EXE you can add a command line argument(CLA) to force the render to DX 11. Here is a page on the the UDN that explains what various CLA do.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/CommandLineArguments.html#Rendering

So an example of this would something like the following...

(Drive UDK is on):\UDK\UDK-2012-02\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe SM5 -log

This should launch the game for you using DX 11 and open up a log for you as well. I know its a hack but maybe it will work for you. Let me know if it does not and I will see what else I can come up with.