Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First 3ds max model

Hey guys this is my first 3ds max model as well as my first post here on polycount. im currently working on a high poly lightpost. let me know what you guys think about the wireframes as well as how i displayed my WIP. The majority of the parts are seperate with the inner faces deleted.

ibjqX5slb6zk4.jpg

Replies

• ClamJam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    just make it one object, merge all the verts, and if its a game model, i dont think you want preview smooth to display it.
  • mazz423
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mazz423 polycounter lvl 9
    It's the high poly so you convert the smooth preview into actual polygons and then bake those details down to the low poly, and it doesnt need to be one object, it's looking good although you may want to bevel some of the tighter edges so that it will bake better, i assume you're intending on creating a low poly and baking these details down, and display wise it's fine, nice and clear, welcome to the forums
  • polymunkles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the comments guys and yes mazz thats what im working on now. and as far as the beveling do you mean the edges of the high poly or beveling some of the low poly edges??? i can adjust the control edges on the high to give it an overall more rounded edge if needed.

thanks guys