Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Cyborg

Hi guys, I`ve made this Real time low poly model inspired on the design of Jim Dobbler.

roger_emanuel_female_cyborg_01.jpg

roger_emanuel_female_cyborg_02.jpg

I made the basemesh using Xsi, some details and retopology with zbrush and rendered using Marmoset.

Hope you like it!

Replies

• Natland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Natland polycounter lvl 9
    This looks really great, I haven't seen the concept, a link would be awesome :)
    I feel like her face is too long, if it was shorter I think she would be very pretty!
    The textures are great, however the harsh lines inbetween the metal don't seem very beat up compared to the rest of the metal. I would imagine there would be some inperfections in the line.
    I do really like this though!
  • garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    looking great but you might wanna scuff up or add highlights on the parts where the plates of the armor meet. you need to pop those edges out, or otherwise the plates seem to meld together.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    My crits.

The legs are super short -- whether this is camera and perspective distortion or an anatomy issue is hard to tell. Can you post a front view, perhaps orthagonal?

The face is long. Most of the problem is in the lower half, past the nose. The distance between the lips and nose is too large, the lips are very tall, and the chin hangs low, exaggerating the problem.

The materials are pretty flat. There is some spec, but not enough to give the surface any extra definition. The 'grunge' in the texture doesn't make much sense. It just seems to be a random scratch overlay, with no thought to where and why specific parts might or might not receive damage. This is most notable on the yellow neck protector.

I'm assuming that this is the concept you're working from:
    http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g28/239428/239428_1262061404_large.jpg
  • rogeremanuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the critics guys, its really nice to receive feedback from people thats seeing this for the first time. Its hard to see those details when you're working in a project for a long time.

Hey Natland, here's the concept:
    http://features.cgsociety.org/newgal...1404_large.jpg

And yes, I agree with you and ysalex about the face, and although I resized it a little, its long but shorter than the concept.

Thanks garriola83, for sure I'll think twice when making specmaps for plates like those, instead of darkening the parts where the plates meet I'll reinforce the highlights.

Thanks for the facial tips ysalex, they all make sense, and about the legs proportions, I tried to match the concept.

heres the front view:
    roger_emanuel_female_cyborg_hipoly.jpg