Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sniper Bob

Meet your friendly neighborhood Sniper Bob. He’s a remote controlled sniper bot, designed to be agile and deadly. A giant machine gun is acting as his left arm. His right hand is mainly used for moving debris out of the way and grasping simple objects.

Feedback and paint overs are appreciated :)

Completion time, 10 hours.

Replies

• ImRuKus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really awesome painting, wish i could paint that well.
    However i just have two issues that bother me, First of all you say "He’s a remote controlled sniper bot", Then why does he have a machine gun attached to his arm? Shouldn't he have some sort of sniper?
    And also you say He's "designed to be agile and deadly" Im guessing thatif he is supposed to be a sniper bot he would also be quite a stealthy type of character?
    You cant really be very stealthy if your as tall as buildings, his height doesn't make sense for the description you've given, Maybe if he was a fully demolishion type bot the size would be justified but to call him a sniper bot but make him huge and easily visible completely contradicts him :S

Other then those two nit picks i absolutely love the painting and the look of him, Hope to see more awesome work from you :)
  • MaansRune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi ImRuKus, thank you for your feedback and your right, the description is slightly off or at least not conveying everything.

My idea with the mech was that it would move quickly from place to place firing rapid salvos from a long distance. It doesn't need to be stealthy because It would be far off, only traversing into cluttered areas if needed. Kinda like the scenarios in Chromehounds.
  • MaansRune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Now with even more details