Home General Discussion

Zombie Playground-Jason Chan-Kickstarter

Replies

• Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Problem is, alot of the stuff being said might chance in a few months. What we have here is an Alpha stage, not a Beta.

I can for example voice my concerns on how the game looks to be be very much Traps and L4D gameplay, only set in a children environment, and seems to be aiming for an arcade feel, rather then story driven one, or even one that might be 'class' oriented in MP.

But all we know, this could all change in a few months.

Until MB gets more done, and we see it public level, everyone can complain or defend all they want, and even give in feedback, but it will be all for naught without a layout plan on how the game is going to evolve on an actual physical level that we can see and think about.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    I gave in and backed them.
    $1,255 dollars to go they can do It, the idea is cute enough for me, I wish I could purchase the entire glow in the dark set.
    :(
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    The level of unjustified butthurt in this thread is astounding.

I could go either way on this. On the one hand, Massive Black has done a ton of really great work for some very big and very successful games. On the other, they're basically just a bunch of artists with no track record of having released products themselves (aside from concept art, obviously).

I'm guessing the plan is to use this Kickstarter to attract the attention of some designers and programmers, because otherwise this thing could turn into an unplayable art game real quick.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Swizzle wrote: »
    ...because otherwise this thing could turn into an unplayable art game real quick.

This. They just hit 100k, and with that little amount funding they won't be able to put much time into the game's development unless they're funding it from somewhere else as well.
  • Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    I'ts funny how 100k is so small considering how much an average artist makes, much less a programmer. I'm assuming the 100k will help the guys making it, but it'll still be a side-project kind of thing. I'm hoping since they have just reached 100k, and they don't have too much to do, they'll take their time, not rushing it, and tweak the everliving shit out of the gameplay till it's awesome.

I'm not sure why people are getting so bent out of shape about this either, but meh.
  • Fingus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fingus polycounter lvl 11
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Game suddenly got terrifying :,(
  • WarrenM
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    Haiasi wrote: »
    This. They just hit 100k, and with that little amount funding they won't be able to put much time into the game's development unless they're funding it from somewhere else as well.

yeah I think the art looks cool...but when I see this..I dont see any sort of game play or game design or general idea of what the game will be other then "kill zombies as a child"

I am all for independent games being made......if they are following a good design....or offering something fun....when you have a bunch of pretty art in a game with little gameplay values...your just doing what AAA studios are doing covering up design holes and gameplay flaws with high detailed models and pretty art.Dont get me wrong I love pretty art...but there was a saying mister miyamoto said in one of his GDC pannels a few years ago...it was a very simple saying

Games are meant to be fun.

I hope that the money they get, they can get some very devoted programmers to help out a pipedream style game...100k though sounding like alot....only offers enough for so many people..unless if they already had a programmer who is helping and a designer who is helping on the side....because if not...Im afraid that income might only get them 1 or maybe 2 programmers PT for around 6 or so months to really contribute to a project as big as there aiming (Even if we are talking small AAA quality DLC stlye game)

I honestly hope im wrong and everything they make comes into a reality soon!
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    How many people here actually backed this?

currently almost a year and a half overdue....