Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Micro-Uzi 9mm

Long time browser, but haven't posted much. This is my latest work. It's part of my long-term goal to model all of the Uzi family of guns.

I'd like to possibly do another color/highlight/levels pass for the overall color, but would consider this close to 'finished'. It would also be fun to do a totally different texture, something with some camo, or a more customized look.

Any and all critiques or suggestions are welcome!

Stats: 3K Tris - Diffuse/Normal/Spec - Rendered in Marmoset Toolbag

UziTeaser.jpg

UziScreenShotLarge.jpg

UziTriRenderLarge.jpg

UziWiresLarge.jpg

UziMaps.jpg

Replies

• Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should bump up the spec. If you didnt/t say it had a spec I wouldn't have guessed it :(
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    I think it looks like a very good base, but I think that you can create some more interesting shapes in the texture to really make it pop. You also have some pretty nasty edges up on the iron sights, should be to hard to fix :)
  • Brain Zapped
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pedro - Good call. I been trying to figure out the trick to making it pop, while still maintaining a 'gun-metal' look, and not have it turn into something unrealistic. I'm always not sure with spec, because in Maya it looks one way, then needs to be brightened/darkened in something like UDK or Marmoset. But I guess I need to make the spec work in whatever I'm rendering it in, and that isn't Maya.

Valdemar - Yeah, while this gun does show some wear and use, it still doesn't feel "personal". (I guess that's the best way I can describe it). And there is plenty of space for some larger dents/slashes/etc. As for the sights and weird edges, I'll definitely take care of those.

Thanks for taking the time! I appreciate it greatly.