Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Earthen Mage

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Noth polycounter lvl 15
Hey! I wanted to post a character I made a few weeks ago, I wanted to give 3D coat a try and it was just as fun as I expected. Let me know what you think! Thanks.

Cover_2.jpg

Staff_Presentation_IMG.jpg

Earthen_Shots_TR.jpg

Earthen_Shots2.jpg

Staff_Turnaround.gif

EarthMageProgress.jpg

http://www.sketchsculptpaint.com

Replies

• letronrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the texturing of the weap.
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
    nice! though, the style you've chosen for her body doesn't readily indicate that she's female especially, I'd imagine, in-game, the shoulder pads and large hands indicate masculine upper body, while the baggy pants take away the curvature of her hips and legs

I do like the painting and the colors but from a distance I think it would be pretty hard to tell it's a female.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Is she supposed to have digitigrade legs? If not then you might want to pull her shins forward a little more so her knees don't look like they're bending in the wrong direction.

Otherwise its looking pretty good. Some very nice things going on in the texture
  • Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah they do look abit funny, I wonder if that was the rig. Oh well, shes done. I mainly wanted to try 3D Coats painting tools.

@Pancakes - I'm alright with her not being a blatantly readable female. Sometimes its a good thing. I don't really care too much for the cliche hyper-sexualized female art out there. I made her face cute, that's good enough for me. Oh and they are harem/Aladin pants, big in the east.
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
    Don't get me wrong I think it's really cool!!

It's just I was passing on some of the info that I heard from Riot Games when people asked why the women champions are always really skinny with large breasts and they explained that without that, in a low poly game where the camera isn't very close, from a distance you wouldn't be able to read that it was female right away. I was just passing that to you ;)

If I sounded stupid I is sorry ;p
  • Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 15
    Thanks for feedback guys.

@RiotForQuiet - I was trying to round it out more, how would you of done so? Comment without constructive critique?

@Pancakes - Thanks for passing that on, I didn't get that from your first post. It sounded more like you didn't care for it cause she didn't have a major T&A haha. Which I was trying to avoid. That makes sense though, its prolly a easy way to read gender from silhouette in-game. I don't think its a must though, I'd imagine her voice would be enough. :p