pilot_low_wire.jpg

helmet.jpg

pilot.jpg

Replies

• praetor187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetor187 polycounter lvl 11
    Man this looks great, the only thing thats kinda getting to me about the piece are the legs, but I think its more the perspective than anything. :)
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
  • Razgriz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Razgriz keyframe
    Good job on the sculpting - but I think you really could have pushed the material definition on the areas left grey. They look incomplete, like you haven't finished them - and the cloth material on the arms is indistinguishable from the grey metal all over the chestplate.

All around the pose looks a little stiff, though it may be a conceptual problem. I would be interested to see you get him into a more dynamic pose.

Good work though, but I think you can push it even more!
  • dand3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dand3d polycounter lvl 11
    Nice detail, and the bake and colors are nice and clean.

The only critique I have that is not stated above is that the silhouette is very generic and boring. There is nothing unique about this silhouette at all with the exception of the thing sticking out of the side of the character's face.
  • Rhoutermans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhoutermans polycounter lvl 12
    awesome! get it in a nice final pose too :)

ps. someone put this bot out of it's misery.
  • tacit math
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tacit math polycounter lvl 17
    wow. as a huge fan of Trevor's work i'm fucken digging this. wicked job !!
  • Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Samfisher84 polycounter lvl 9
    wowa we wa! reminds med of raiden from MGS in a way, but man this is so cool
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    Looks nice! I like the color combinations.

I think, as mentioned before, something seems wonky with the legs. I think it might be the muscles, or lack there of. The arms are pretty defined, so try pumping up the legs a bit, cause right now... they kind of look like mine :)

I think, overall, it also needs a bit more depth in all of those lines and details.
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    cool design. a bit busy in some places but it definitely has some interesting design solutions that look more fresh than sci fi outfits that i'm used to seeing.

there's one thing that bothers me though. the gray surface is elastic, right? it has wrinkles and stuff so it looks like it could "work".
    but there's also the purplish metallic material that covers arms and legs including elbows and knees.
    it looks rather hard surface so wouldn't it block movements of joints?
  • Loraine Howard iii
    praetor187- Thanks man, yeah the perspective kinda wonky.

konstruct-lol

Razgriz- I wanted to keep the gray flak parts somewhat plain, since most of the parts have dirt and wear. I did this model quick so I didn't have much time to put him in a dynamic pose, plus i got tired of working on him.lol

amile duan- Thanks man, the suit is suppose to be pretty thick.

dand3d- Thanks man, Yeah I can see the silhouette being plain

Nell6-Thanks dude

Rhoutermans- Thanks, if I have free time I might do it.

tacit math- Thanks, Trevor is a awesome artist and great to work with.

Samfisher84- Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

leleuxart- Thanks man

Blaisoid- Thanks man, the purple material is suppose be some type of thick wet suit material sorta. This is just work inspired by the game so I'm sure there's more things to be worked out.
  • Moosebish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moosebish polycounter lvl 12
    I always appreciate a character model with a cod piece...

Looks great!
  • Loraine Howard iii
    Thanks Moosebish, I always laugh when I have to model one.:)
  • Loraine Howard iii
    Someone ask me to explain my process at zbrush central, just wanted to share it here too. I hope it makes sense.

Step 1. First I start off with a quick sculpt just to maintain the original shapes of the concept. After that I retop it in Zbrush and make sure everything is lined up the way I want it for all the beveled edges. At this point I don't think about detail at all, just shapes.

step1.jpg

Step 2. Once I retop all the shapes I usually go into Maya and refine all the edges, I Just feel more comfortable handling this in Maya. After several hours this is how my helmet turned out.

step2.jpg

Step 3. For all the detail parts, you see in the helmet and Oxygen tank I used a combination of sculpting brushes and alphas to get the final result. All of these rules were applied to the whole character basically. My process is pretty simple, hope this helps out.

step3.jpg
  • uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Low scale detail is a bit overdone, kind of randomly slapped on the surface. All those round bolts seem to serve no purpose.

All in all pretty badass work :)