Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Soldier WIP

Vio
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Vio polycounter lvl 6
headversion2.jpg
Character based on Melonie Mac from the FragDolls.

Ok here we go, I'm at the early stages of working on a new character. At the moment I'm trying to get the base mesh sorted, I found in the past its a lot better for me to get as much right as possible in the base mesh and then send it off for sculpting.

However I'm unsure about what finer details I should leave for sculpting such as the clavicle bones and so on. I've been using the Loomis scales to measure out the proportions so far but every needs a good tweak.

Progress5-1.jpg
Progress2-1.jpg
Progress3-2.jpg
Progress1-1.jpg
Progress4-2.jpg

I will post up the concept soon but I'm just finishing the clothing on that at the moment. As always any kind of crits would be greatly welcomed.

Lastly in regards to doing hair, where should the base hair end and the hair planes start? who knows that's the fun :)

Replies

• vreza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vreza polycounter lvl 12
    she needs softer features in her face so she look less masculine. I cant put my finger on which part but I think it might be her nose and cheekbones, and the size of her eyes.
  • Vio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vio polycounter lvl 6
    Cheers for the feedback, I agree something isn't quite feminine enough about the face yet. I should play around with soft selection a bit more, luckily there are a lot of references for this person to work from.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    11%2B-%2B1
    It's not too bad. I think the shader is making it look a lot harsher than it really is. The cheeks need to be a bit fuller and brow considerably less prominent, but that's stuff you can very quickly fix in a sculpting app.

You've also given her a much heavier build than the real woman. Not sure whether that's a design decision or not.

I'm inclined to think you've probably modelled too much into your base mesh. The eyebrows for example are only going to get in your way.