412292_369781676404722_100001186791243_941852_1904554359_o.jpg

475001_366905853358971_100001186791243_934758_559642499_o.jpg

Replies

• Sigma7
  • KartoonHead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KartoonHead polycounter lvl 4
    That is AWESOME! One thing I will say is that the glowing orange parts don't look much like lava (I assume with the 'volcanic' title they're meant to be lava). Instead they look futuristic, like glowing electronics of some sort, could do with some colour variation or whatnot, give them some sense of motion. Another thing, if this is to be left as a sculpt I think more can be done with the pose to enhance the presentation, and maybe stick a platform in there for him to stand on so he's not floating? Great work!
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthricus polycounter lvl 5
    the sculpt is great what program did you use to sculpt it? the only thing id crit is the presentation if you changed the background to a lgiht grey or white it would be much easier to distinguish what is what and pick out the fine details you have taken the time to model in :D
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Yup, the sculpt is top notch, love it. But the background and the diffuse are so dark, I can't make out any details at all on the textured model shot, which is a shame because like I said, it IS a good sculpt. Might need some more diffuse/spec loving because ATM its all very single colour looking?
  • David Wakelin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I personally feel the model would have looked nicer if sculpted the lava effect onto the head and torso not just the claws and tail... But yes like mentioned above it looks more like a glow from Tron in contrast to lava
  • David Wakelin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, thought I'd add after looking at it again; it's very symetrical? Try to add a vary of colours, scratches, scars or something to ease the eye and make it more interesting?

Why not add arrowheads stuck in it's wing?
    Or holes/chunks of tissue removed from fierce fights in the wings?

Make the image tell a story...
  • Anthricus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthricus polycounter lvl 5
    few more ideas from what david said above:
    Asymetrical possible changes:
    Tears in wing/ Chunks removed,
    Blood splatters on diffuse texture,
    Scarring and exposed flesh
    possible bruises on texture
    etc
    these would all make your sculpt look as interesting as it should do :D hope youve got some ideas of what to do when u get time to make some changes but so far gratz on a nice model :D
  • Sigma7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok I did some small changes to it what do u guys think?

412292_369781676404722_100001186791243_941852_1904554359_o.jpg
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Your diffuse and material definitions are really letting it down right now. The sculpt is spot on, really is. But that diffuse... That spec... They almost look like flat colours?

Also, are you using a gloss map? Colour spec?