Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Future Computer Terminal

Hello Polycount! My name is Dustin and I am quite new here (as a member anyway). And have started development on an MMO within Cryengine 3. And feel to get it to be acceptable to the public and just down right awesome, I need feedback! So here is the workings of a new model. I am creating it from scratch and with little google image help. :3

Below is currently my progress. About 3-5 minutes. Next is detailing. Feedback is appreciated and would love to hear what things should change or what it should look like other than the reference.

fc5b9c0322ba212e21c505c.png

Replies

• XionXinX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright here is an update I did this morning. I decided to take a different approach, more of layered metal look I suppose. I may add some more detail or just leave it low poly and detail it in the texture with bump maps. What do you think?

38582f16a2022c6fa641297.png
  • Kiser Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kiser Designs polycounter lvl 12
    Welcome to polycount. Since you are new (at least to posting) ill give you some tips to make you work more appealing and more likely to get a response, since I know how much it sucks for your work to go unnoticed.

1. Renders - Your renders are super washed out and hard to read, gray on gray is bad. Do a different type of render with better lighting and contrast.

2. Content - If you are going to take the time to post, make sure its worth posting. I am not saying what you have isnt post worthy, but as it stands right now we have no idea what we are looking at. Do you have reference that you are working from? A drawing of what you are working on? You say it is a futuristic computer terminal, all I see is a gray box with a cut out.

Work on your presentation and content, but keep posting.
  • XionXinX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the tips. I will let this thread die out and post when I have something extremely interesting. Thanks again. :) (Will work on renders, these were kind of quick anyway)