Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Art Test-Crits Please!

IsparticusI
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
IsparticusI polycounter lvl 8
concept created by gameloft

the object is to re-create the concept as close as possible. Outer shells have a 6500 tri count, and the inside wires and legs have a 3500 tri count after being normal maped. the pictures show only the modeling, and with no bake yet, strictly the 6188 tri's and the high poly legs and wires pre-bake. Any crits or comments would be extremely beneficial!!! the first picture is the concept obviously... THANKS!

7218028864_ea73c9bde5_b.jpg CONCEPT
7217914434_a412512dba_b.jpg
7217914338_40c844f449_b.jpg
7217914256_9646e5bc2a_b.jpg

Replies

• Dylan Brady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan Brady polycounter lvl 9
    IDK if you should be showing this? if they've given you permission my bad but usually art-tests are confidential.
    as far as modeling its looking pretty good!
  • RichardSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the round parts dont look round but in the drawing they do rite? i thinks its better if u fix the round part
  • IsparticusI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan - yea they say your welcome to show it, just say that the concept is theres, but thanks for the heads up!

Richard - what round parts are you talking about? the upper half? the outer shells on the top?
  • RichardSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    just all the things i guess are blockes but if its for videogames thats okay
  • Shanthosa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shanthosa polycounter lvl 11
    I'd love to see it more from the top. The main "eye" looks like it's not proportional to the concept. It sticks way too far forward.

Take another pass at the legs. The knee in particular has departed pretty far from the concept -- You're missing some pieces in there that give it part of its form.
  • timwiese
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    timwiese polycounter lvl 9
    The robot in the concept comes off as small and sleek, your's is reading too wide and tall ( main part not the legs). I don't think you have captured the silhouette of the concept, I think yours can be pushed much further.
    Also make sure you really define your shapes and have nice clean lines, some of the shapes on the main body are sort of blobby.

I did a paint over of you model to show the things I would tweak.

robotPO.gif
  • IsparticusI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey thanks everyone for the responses. The model is almost identical to the front/top/and right view that i got for the model, except the legs... so thanks Shanthosa for pointing that out, and Tim... Thanks dude for doin that! btw, hope 10cent boston is treatin ya well buddy!