Home Unreal Engine

Blocking Volume - Take Damage

So I'm trying to trigger a particle event when something gets shot and am trying to use a blocking volume and a "Take Damage" node in Kismet attached to the volume.

But it does not work.

I even tried using a "Touch" with the Blocking volume and it STILL does not work.

Anyone know how to get this to work with a blocking volume? Or is it not possible?

Replies

• sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    Blocking volumes don't take damage as far as I know. And they're not usually setup to block weapon fire.

Have you tried just detecting if the object that is getting shot takes damage?
  • Imatk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok that explains why it isn't working :)

Well the object I'm trying to attach this to is a telephone pole, and the part I want to damage and "spark" is the transformer.

So I wanted to specify where the player would have to shoot to activate that particle spark... if I used the whole object it would spark even if they shot the base of the pole.
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    if I used the whole object it would spark even if they shot the base of the pole.
    Couldn't you just split the transformer off into its own object, then? Would be easier to swap it out for damage states, too, that way.