Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Photojournalist

Replies

• ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Thanks Moosey -- I will defend myself here by saying that I spent a year in Africa, and there is no shoe that is better for walking forever in hot weather over uncertain, rough terrain than Chaco sandals.

http://www.rei.com/brand/Chaco?s_kwcid=TC|13029|chaco||S|e|13084258445&gclid=CKe-_NiMqrACFYYZQgodwU-bSQ

Tough as hell, comfortable, and way more protective than you'd think.
  • calen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    calen polycounter lvl 7
    There's only one thing that makes me question the design. Her shirt and jeans show a lot of character in terms of being worn extensively, with that in mind, I cant imagine her sandals lasting long with such thin straps. But this is just from an outside perspective, i haven't worn sandals in ages and I don't know women's footwear in depth.

EDIT: ...and then I look up and see I'm slowbro. What ysalex said!
  • nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really cool. As others have said I really like the unique face.
  • Wex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wex polycounter lvl 12
    A few critiques:

1) The arms look a bit blobby and lacking muscle definition
    2) Eyes are very small and far apart
    3) Wrinkles around the chest look odd - her breasts are very small but the wrinkles between them suggest a lot of tension; the hard crease below the breasts looks similarly out of place

I think the strappy sandals are fine, but I would consider widening the straps and adding some thickness to the sole, making them look more athletic and "rubberized."

Impressive work so far! Looking forward to seeing this progress. :)
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Alright, I'm done with her. Got to get back to my actual, paid, project.

Here is where I ended. I can't state enough how much everyone on this thread helped out. She turned up much better for it, so thank you all.

And I hit a major goal too: polycount weekly recap, which was amazing beyond words.

PSGVT.png
    gT5GY.png
    b0BQb.png
    obsYg.png
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    turned out so cool :) (i gotta learn how to use marmoset better/at all ^^; )

Especially dig how nice the camera/bag/accessories turned out. Kinda feel like the dullness of the shirt/pants makes the characters herself seem a bit flatter, not sure tho ^^ (actually the camera strap above her top has more intense lighting going on, makes it pop. Not sure if you can get a similar result with the clothes or not)

Really awsome piece, gotta wait for the next one ^___^