Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tron Legacy - Fanart

Hi everyone, how are you?

My name is Victor Hugo and I've been a 3D artist for the last 6 years, but since october I've been studying and working with modeling and textures, trying to specialize as a modeler/texture artist.

And this was my first project. I'm a huge fan of Tron Legacy, so I decided to make my own version of Sam's poster.

Hope you enjoy. Cheers.

tron_gallery_shaded_low.jpg

tron_gallery_clay_low.jpg

tron_wire.jpg

Replies

• VictorHD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Riot, thanks for the feedback!

And I totally agree with you, as I was too excited to finish it, I haven't payed attention to this details and I asked a friend of mine who is a rigger to make a decent rig for me and I'm waiting for this, to fix some of this silhouette stuff.

And the folds are a great idea too! I liked that, if this friend send me the new rig I will fix this and make a new pose.(It's been about couple of months since he got the model, but I have hope).

I have some new stuff and I will post them in another thread later.

And I have this shot from zbrush, but the hair was not the final one.

Tron_SamHead_ZLevels.jpg

Thanks again Riot.
    Cheers.
  • VictorHD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    amile duan wrote: »
    Cool work !Just as RiotForQuiet said above, your character still needs more work,but it is a good start.Hope to see your finished work soon.

Hi Amile, thanks a lot for the feedback. I'm glad you liked it.

This character was good to learn a lot from zbrush, because I've never used it before. I will try to improve it, but I'm really paying more attention to this kind of thing now.

Really, at the beginning of this project I wanted to throw my pc out of the window because ZBrush was like an alien!

Cheers.
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Very nice work. The hair is really impressive!
  • VictorHD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Selaznog. Thanks man! I'm glad you liked it.

I did it this way:

1 - I applied the hair/fur in max using polygon select as base and a line to draw each amount of hair.

2 - Then I transformed it to geometry(like 10 little polygon bases or less of hair).

3 - As geometry I selected the top borders and then I scaled it in local.

That was pretty much it. I have to adjust some scale or individual hair, but nothing more.

=O) Cheers.
  • sipher3325
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    your face looks more like this guy:
    2011-01-18-10-22-21-3-holt-mccallany-played-irish-american-heavyweight-b.jpeg

than "sam".
  • VictorHD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sipher, thanks a lot! =O)

Almighty_gir, hahahaahha yeah he looks like this guy! I made a mistake with this likeness, I´ve used much Tron reference and none of the real world, so talking to other people, they said that might be that because light is deceiving in cases like this.

And I really knew that for a first likeness, I couldn´t reach a great result, so from the start I thought of making more like a toy look than the real one.

Thanks guys and as soon as I can I will post other stuff.

Cheers.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    I'm diggin the high res. Something is off with the skin texture though. Looks plastic-y, but sorry, I don't know what to suggest since it's something I'm currently learning more about.
  • VictorHD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Polygoblin. I´m really happy that you liked it, thanks for the feedback. I personally prefer the clay version and I agree with you about the plastic look, you´re totally right about it. I didn´t use the right maps for a SSS.

Cheers. =)