Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Week_3 WIP (Character)

protfilo.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bio:

Hello my name is king. This is my first and last year, taking game designing.

My goal is planning to apply either ubisoft or EA.

My specialty is character design and environment.

What im doing now, is designing a future solider was been infected by an alien symbiote from the solider, cursed but trying fight over from the symbiote. ( ideas from: metal gear solid "grey fox" and prototype.)

Replies

• king.C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Plz give an advice or comments bout the character. thanks
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    You're jumping into details way too fast. You need to build up primary and secondary forms before you move on to the tertiary details. I don't know where you started on this but it looks like you took a ZBrush base mesh and added some clay tubes, standard, and rake brush and just went a little crazy. I can see you're going for a nanosuit look (at least it seems that way) but you're just slapping shapes and strokes on without a care as to what function they may have. I'm not trying to be down on you, but you need to study anatomy and block out major forms before tackling these details.
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    I get the feeling this image has been vertically scaled and is now out of proportions? If this is the case you might want to fix it before asking for more C&C because that will influence the C&C you'll get.

Also I agree with what praetus said.
  • David Wakelin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No offence, and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I'm a games design student - whom just finished my second year of a games design BSc (hons), and I studied games design at college for a year after my A levels and you have a Loooong way to go if you think you can join the industry after a year...
  • respawnrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt polycounter lvl 8
    ^An Appeal to Authority is a fallacy with the following form:

1. Person A is (claimed to be) an authority on subject S.
    2. Person A makes claim C about subject S.
    3. Therefore, C is true.
  • David Wakelin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt wrote: »
    ^An Appeal to Authority is a fallacy with the following form:

1. Person A is (claimed to be) an authority on subject S.
    2. Person A makes claim C about subject S.
    3. Therefore, C is true.

I don't know if your mocking me or agreeing with me here lol, but all I'm saying is the majority of poly punt have spent longer then a year on their portfolios never mind learning the trade..

But regardless nice model :)