Home Technical Talk

[STL Check] Is it possible to view error markings WHILE correcting them?

I'm currently fixing up a model which has nearly 700 open edges (open seams disguised as ordinary lines of vertices), and I'm using the "STL Check" modifier to find them. The only problem with this method, ESPECIALLY in my case, is that I have to keep toggling between STL & Editpoly EVERY time I want to check an error and correct it.

Effectively this doubles the amount of time spent doing this, and when you have over 600 errors on a fairly high poly model, you can imagine how INSANELY frustrating this becomes after the first 200000000 hours lol.

Does anybody know a way that I can kill two birds with one stone and simply leave the damn STL check enabled WHILE I correct the errors on the editpoly level?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated, since I've literally been hard at work on this STL madness for over 3 days, and Im still not even half way there.... No joke!

Thanks

Replies

• Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    can't you just enable the error checking in max's viewport.
    go to view, then xview, just enable whichever you require. stl check
    is a bit legacy now.
  • j_bradford
    Offline / Send Message
    j_bradford polycounter lvl 17
    Not sure which version of Max you're using, but 2010+ has a feature called 'Xview' which I've been using in place of STL check. It's a lot more interactive and visual, and also selects the subobjects of whatever filter you have active (including being in editable poly).

Click the + sign in the upper left hand corner of the screen, you should see Xview listed there.

[edit] Ruz beat me to it ;P
  • Shuriken UK
    FFS lol... All this time I've been doing it the oldskool way, thinking it was the ONLY way!

Huge thanks for the replies, I'll check this X-View out! Sounds like its EXACTLY what I'm in desperate need of, haha!