Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci Fi Character WIP

Hey People.
Here is my orthographic for my WIP Character.
Joshua_Haymes_Orthographicarm.jpg
Joshua_Haymes_Orthographic.jpg

Here is the WIP Base Mesh.
top.jpg
side.jpg
front.jpg
bottom.jpg
Back.jpg

I no the orthographics face is crap as anything.

Please tell me what i should keep or change on the base mesh im going for a futuristic exoskeleton soldier he will eventually have a mini gun.

Thanks for your time hope to here from some one atleast.

Replies

• JstJsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey People this is what i have added over the day, its been one of those stop start stop start days hope to comeplete the mesh tomorrow and sculpt it by the afternoon,

front-1.jpg
    Back-1.jpg
    side-1.jpg
    top-1.jpg
    bottom-1.jpg

How am i going so far?
    Thanks for reading!
  • JstJsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh im aware of the huge seam running through the middle of him im only modelling half atm just quickly duped it for photo purposes.
  • JstJsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FINISHED THE MESH!!
    just have to stitch him together adjust the seam and sculpt some facial features in and some armour detail in. Should i attach the armour now? or leave it un attached? my poly count is 18k atm i need it to be 12.5k.....

heres the latest photos on him.
    HELMETON.jpg
    HELMETOPEN.jpg
    LEGS.jpg
    UPPERLEGS.jpg
    front-2.jpg
    Back-2.jpg
    ARM.jpg
    BOOTS.jpg
  • Croftyness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Croftyness polycounter lvl 11
    The face is looking nice. Although I would suggest revising the proportions. Maybe get some reference pictures of Robocop or something. Because at the moment it seems his shoulders lead to his forearms. As a general rule the span of his body (including his arms) should be the same as the height.
  • Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I honestly do not see a purpose in those rods on the back of the legs. What are they supposed to do?

Also the shoulders and arms are way off proportion wise, the arms look nothing like the concept, where it had much nicer transition from shoulder to arm. Right now the shoulders are thick and the arms are way thinner. They also look a little short.

Keep progressing!
  • JstJsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arm Proportions Have been fixed Yesterday
    Reduced down from 18.5k polys to 12.2k.

To answer your question sarah, my Character is wearing an exoskeleton suite,

Crofty, i have made the arms longer i screwed up proportions from the greybox to the base mesh.

newlegs.jpg
    newlegs2.jpg
    front-3.jpg
    Back-3.jpg