Home Technical Talk

Problem with attaching head rig to body rig

Hey I have been doing the rigging the human face in maya 2011 and character rigging for production in maya 2011 from Digital Tutors.
I have been trying to connect these two diffrent rigs two each other and have come across a problem. Iam using the wrap deformer to combine the head to the HeadBody. The problem is after i use wrap and i try to move the Globalcurve the body moves away from the rig.

Can someone take a look at the files please

This file (sam_Boy_1.mb) is before i use wrap to connect the head. Everything moves good, the body moves with the rig no problem.

This file(sam_Boy_2.mb) is after i use wrap deformer, notice how the body moves away when you move the globalCurve.

Download link: http://speedy.sh/4Var7/Problem-Rig4PolyC.rar

or if you have another way to attach these rigs to each other please share

Replies

• Sunsetrider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!
    I hope that I've understood the problem right...

I'll start with one question, why are there two heads? You really should kill one of the heads. If I've understood it right both of the heads has the same skinning.

I wouldn't try to attach the bones together, I'd just snap both neckjoints to the same place. In this way you can change the headrig easily if you're doing a cinematic or alike and it'll only cost one extra joint. The controls should be in the same hierarchy tho, so you can control everything easy.

//Johanna