Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

cartoon style knight

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
ahktang polycounter lvl 5
This character is still a work in progress, and I'd love feedback.

It is intended for a small scene using hand painted assets. I haven't created too many of these sorts of textures before, so it has been lots of fun.

the character is sitting at 1675 triangles including the weapon props. I ended up going with three texture maps, but I think it may have been smarter to pack it down into one or two.

Any crits would be appreciated.

knightf.jpg

knihgts1.jpg

texies.jpg

Replies

• MillenniumGear5
    Hey Ahktang , you did a wonderful job with the hand-painted look, nailed it, any chance to see a wire-frame ?

really enjoying the overall look too, kind of reminds me of 'Castle Crashers'

only got 2 crits from what I've seen-

1- The Texture for the helmet and shoulder pads look very rock-like, you may want to revisit that when you have a moment

2- The clothing is a bit stiff on the edges, I love the painted on wrinkles but when they appear so close to the edges it makes them feel so much sharper

also on the clothing, just personal preference, you may do better with a slightly different shade of purple, it's just me but it reminds me too much of the basic purple-white grid scheme in UDK , haha

hope this helps and best luck
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Looks really good, but I think it could look better if you choose a different colour for the shadows. It would be a lot more interesting to look at if you had a dark purple/blue tone everywhere you have shadows.