Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character 9870 Tris

Hey Guys,

My third Character i have ever made. Critic and Surgession are always welcome. Thanks for our Feedback!:)

a8f3b884b953d423010e9f6b90bd343f.jpg

4d9d3117f3d5bd2017b14a728589e53a.jpg

dfa1c477950af0baadc6cba52bcda04a.jpg

7582407b396f54b0a7ecf646b1467f0c.jpg

Replies

• praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    I have to agree about the pose. it doesn't feel natural at all. Also, the closeup of his face, there looks to be a gap between his right eye and the socket which looks out of place. Also, it may be me but man, the arch on his feet looks really long in some of those shots. I don't know if it has something to do with the rig because his left foot looks fine in some of the shots but the right foot looks really off.
  • loneraver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loneraver triangle
    I like the texture work. But like they said the pose is just killing it right now. A more relaxed natural pose will help a ton!
  • TK-Art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeah right, the pose isnt good! I think i make a new interation from this ;)

thanks for our feedback

@ bretmcnee: I also make the character naked because the cloth hitten a lot from the body. maybe you can give me better feedback for my proportion ;)

8b9b20e5fc546e6296109cfce52e87ec.jpg
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Head seems a tad on the large side, but other than that it looks good :)
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
    Some people's heads are like that. And I think he got it ok. Some old "monky" guys on those movies have really big heads for their bodies.
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    Very nice for a third character :) for your beauty shot (first image) be careful with the lighting, because the strong contrast in the light is creating weird shadows that are exagerating the fact its low poly. It almost looks like artifacting. Btw I like how you've gone for a more average looking body type, its working well for your character and makes a nice change from the uber-muscle super toned males you often see on here.
  • TK-Art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey hey Guys,

I changed the lighting and the pose from the character. I want you to ask... do you think its better?

e3624f2ff476518418dea3fd818ac450.jpg0b85b1fcd099a44ae24510a974ee67ff.jpg
  • whw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whw
    Firstly, the textures and model details are very good. Regarding the pose it appears as though he's creeping toward something. Is he a thief?

Unless he's an action figure then a neutral pose could work just as well - check out the Witcher 2 stuff for some prime examples where an upright pose with a turned head, slightly twisted torso or hands on hips really sells the character: http://marcinb.cghub.com/images/
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    The pose still doesn't feel natural. The best way to pose a character is to actually do the pose yourself and see how it feels.

Ask yourself what the character is supposed to be doing. Now stand in a pose so you're doing the same thing your character is. Does this pose feel natural, like something you would do in real life? If it doesn't, work with your position until you feel comfortable, or at least feel as if it's something you'd do in the natural course of taking that action.

One very important thing to keep in mind when posing characters is weight distribution. The less evenly the character's weight is distributed, the more it will feel as if the character is off balance and in motion. When a character is standing still, their weight will be along the center line of the pose.