Home General Discussion

Salary of a 3d artist?

Replies

• Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
    Hazardous wrote: »
    Super interesting writeup Kwramm, would really like to know more about your experience in China :)

just talk to Chun Li
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    Hazardous wrote: »
    Super interesting writeup Kwramm, would really like to know more about your experience in China :)

well I hope I don't come off too negative. There's a lot of awesome things here, and for a foreigner it can be a great country, and even many locals have a good life here, but there's still a long way to go for them in certain areas.

But all this is just my opinion. This is such a complex place, I'm not sure if anyone can ever fully understand it. To me it's similar to living in the US - their country, their rules, and I cannot do anything about it and I'll not get into trouble. But it sucks for the people here that they can't do a lot about their country either - although so far they've been busy earning money, raising their living standards like never before, so many don't yet think of all the freedoms they don't have. But in richer places like Shanghai people are slowly taking notice.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    luckily I'm not a corporation so my taxes are pretty low. Most American's fall in the 15% range after factoring in exemptions. All in all, I take home about 80% of may paycheck - no big deal.

haha yeah, massachusetts isn't too great for taxes, but it isn't crazy.
    Kwramm wrote: »
    yup. in a couple of years we may have lowered our standard of living enough so we're on par with them ;)

It makes for good shock argument to compare with commie china, but if you know how the place is run it ain't funny. This place is just so far behind the west. Lots of money and some skyscraper don't make a modern country.

i can only imagine. :(