Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment project

Hi, I am a video game student and I want to recreate a scene, based on a concept, the closest i can get, also in the textures.
I am aiming for a cartoon style with hand painted textures.
I am posting here to show my WIP and also to hear critics and advices.

Here is the concept I'm working on

unupetar.jpg

I started with a simple block out in UDK, to get the basic shapes, then I started modeling some props based on the concept and the model made in UDK.
I want to keep them low poly and the cartoon style.

Here are some screenshots

wip01s.jpg

and

wip02h.jpg

I am waiting for your comments, thank you in advance. :)

Replies

• Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Looking good so far! The concept you're working off of is nice, but pretty plain. It looks like it could be a small piece of a larger "trench-town."

I think it would be cool if you made a longer trench, and just re-use a lot of the pieces you have (doors, barrels, etc). And right now, there's no structure in the scene that really stands out. If this is for a demo reel, or for your website, you'd benefit from having some sort of "centerpiece" which could have some more complex shapes, rather than just cylinders and planes like the other props in the scene. Just a statue or something could go a long way.

Keep it up, I'm in school and also working on a hand painted fantasy town, so I'll have my eyes on this :P