Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci Fi Hostile Env Suit (WIP)

Hey fellow PCers!! just throwing up a work in progress hostile environment suit that I'll be doing from concept through to a final model. So far Ive done a few thumbnails and found some shapes i really liked and I'm continuing to refining the suit.
REFCOLLAGE.jpg
SciFiSuitThumb.jpg
SciFiSuitConcept.jpg
comments and crits are welcomed:poly142:

Thanks!

Replies

• cmtanko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cmtanko polycounter lvl 10
    Armor concept looks nice , but confusing helmet.... hope to see more ..

Gud luck
  • Ghostman511
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! the other helmets on the side were just a side sketch idea for a more open helmet. I'm just afraid the helmet on the left is looking too much like halo, but then again they have designed so many helmets its practically impossible not to have some resemblance. I'll be posting more soon.

Thanks again
  • MillenniumGear5
    Wow, nice concept, looking forward to seeing it progress.

I do have to say the helmet on the concept does appear a bit 'Halo-like' compared to the rest of the piece, I feel the helmet to the right fits better with the rest of the suit

also, just curious - what are those protrusions on the concept's right leg ? I like how they break up the silhouette a bit but I am confused about functionality

Best luck
  • Ghostman511
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good question! haha:P I'm really not too sure to be honest. Like u mentioned I was trying to break up the silhouette. Make the legs less symmetrical, but looking over again kinda just looks silly. I think I might re-work it to be a magnetic holster type thing or something.

Thanks for the comments!
  • Ghostman511
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I must confess work and Diablo 3 has limited my time working on this project but been drawing out some ideas and I've decided to make this character a female. I reworked the helmet and went in refining detail in the neck and shoulder areas. will post more tomorrow after I get more done.
    SciFiSuitConcept001.jpg
    Neck-Helmet.jpg
    Critiques and comments welcomed!

Thanks!!!
  • Ghostman511
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Working out some ideas for the back of the torso armor. Here are a few thumbs
    RearThumbs.jpg
    C&C welcomed,

Thanks!!!