Home General Discussion

Donate a 3D Car Model

Hi guys,I am not new to this great and unique community where I learn something new every day. I always come here looking for inspiration and I've lernt that there will always be someone willing to help the others to improve and grow in artistic and humanistic ways.

I am currently working on a CG video project for a contest that will showcase the 5 door Ford Fiesta 2011.
2011-ford-fiesta-5-door.jpg

I am not the best 3d Modeller but my skills are better in the posproduction and video editing. I come here asking for help ,to someone that has done this model before, to donate this model to the project. I was planning to buy it but I broke. I have to say that the credit and benefits will be given to the contributor.

THX IN ADVANCE I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME.

Replies

• Aigik
    It will probably be pretty tough to get somebody to part with a model like that for free. A lot of work goes into making a model like this. And then, of course, there's the question of integrity. Why should somebody part with a model they worked really hard on for free, just so you can cheat on a contest? Isn't the whole point of the contest that it's supposed to be your work?

People on polycount like to help others improve and grow as an artist, and that doesn't include giving away models. You should have tried to start your own model of the car and posted a WIP thread in the P&P section a long time ago, gotten feedback, and tried to improve your own work.
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    Nothing bad about joining a competition together, and I don`t really know what this competition is about, but sounds like the competition is about building that car, and if you lack the skill to build it yourself, maybe it`s better to just skip the competition and work on your modeling skills, don`t know if that`s your field at all though.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Pretty sure it's just a video contest as he's posted before looking to pay someone to model it; http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98603

e-barron, it might help if you posted the contest link so that people can see what it's actually going for.
  • e-barron
    Yep indeed is a video contest featuring the Ford Fiesta 2011 all organized by the Mexico's Ford... but since I found out that the Deadline was extended I think I will model da Car. I want to give it a try and see what comes from it.Please Stay tuned at P&P for more. Thanks n.n