Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[league of] Dr Mundo

Hello everyone,

here is one of the characters I like in this game .. well there are so many interesting :D

I hope you will like.

5_drmundo.jpg
5_closeup.jpg
5_mundolow.jpg
5_mundolow01.jpg

Replies

• praetor187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetor187 polycounter lvl 11
    I cant believe this is flying underneath the radar. This character is really well done. I cant find anything to say besides awesome, great work! :)
  • Kave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kave triangle
    That's fucking awesome, Mundo ftw.

So much LoL fan art, can't believe how popular that game is now D:
  • seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    love the clay shots but not a fan of the heavy edge on the beauty shots, great piece none the less :)
  • Alphavader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
    nice work ! Love the highpoly and texturework
  • Cibo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cibo polycounter lvl 10
    Fantastic, only weird element is the Cleaver.
    The cleaver is to big and for is current size to thick so the weapon looks misplaced for such a high quality model.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    hmm

i love the sculpt and the maps came out pretty great, but i have to admit, the texturing is super weak.

I don't know the character as i haven't played League of Legends yet, so maybe some things are by design.

I think the textures right now feel kinda boring to me, because they are pretty much just one color, brightend up and darkend in shadows - try adding some hue shifts to the values, go colder in the shadows and warmer in the light areas for instance, add a bit of subsurface scattering, if you can't do it within the shader then paint it in. Add some bouncelight, or maybe just change the lighting/presentation of the lowpoly, you super cool sculpt losts a lot of its power due to the texturing, lighting and presentation, which is really really sad in my eyes.
    Also I would lower the spec and gloss values on the cloth parts. right now it feels pretty much like plastics.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    This looks awesome, very cool! Can I ask is there a LoL fanart competition going on at all, or are people just really into this game? XD
  • said
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you all for your advices :D

I have a problem I really like the textures flat, but in fact I tried to find a balance between simplicity and visual richness is above all because they are characters that are seen from afar and up ... (good or bad choice I don't know just one direction among so many others :D )
    But I want to thank you for your advices and I will use them for a new character, a little more realistic but in the same way (a design from Katsuya Terada).
  • viv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    viv polycounter lvl 9
    wow great sculpt buddy !!!