Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

!!!Ghost Mansion!!!

Here is a scene i have made using Modo and Photoshop. Please comment and tell me what you think=p

Replies

• Brandon Jefferson
    Dang ..u don't like it at all?
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Ooh, you got dissed by a bot. The ultimate insult.

The first image is pretty confusing. Not quite sure what you're going for there.

The scene has quite a good atmosphere and the layout shown in the second image works well. Your texturing seems like the weakest point - you've got fairly obvious UV stretching on all of your buildings and a lot of obvious tiling.

The blue interior lighting that appears on all of the houses isn't working all that well and make sit more evident that you're reusing assets.

I'd also suggest looking at your roof texture - having a roof made out of a big solid sheet of stone or cement is a bit odd. You might be better to consider slate shingles, thatch or tiles.

You've got the beginnings of quite a nice scene, but there's a bit more work to be done to make it shine.
  • Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with jack, The first image i honestly have no idea whats going on, its very confusing.

The second looks better, but the blue is extremely saturated, stone it down heaps. Get reference for everything your building and post it up, and work from that. Its not a bad start actually. I think it would be great with some more work done on it. Really understand what your trying to build. Then you will do better